Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results
Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results
I have been using the CPAP therapy for a couple of weeks now and just joined this form. I see a lot of people after starting their therapy state AHI down in the .3 to 1.5 range. I have been pretty consistent between 8.3 and 9.8 which I thought was good as untreated AHI was 76 and 91 in REM. I have just moved from the Mirage FX Nasal mask to Simplus FFM because the pressure of 14 CM was a bit much for my nose and the chin strap was uncomfortable... What is a GOOD AHI to base my numbers off of to determine if the setting should be adjusted. The only other issue is the red Mark on the bridge of my nose.... any suggestions would be great as I do not see any marks on the side my face. Even at the Higher AHI I still feel better and getting up in the morning is much easier along with more energy but I have had like times recently of foggy brain/sleepy spell. usually 1-2 hr after I wake up

Has any one experienced any of these issues as well that can help.

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus Full Face
Pressure: 14 Humidifier: built in
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results
Does the red mark on the bridge of your nose go away after you start your day, or is it there all the time and sore? You may need to switch to something like the Amara View for a while to get it to heal. Make sure the Simplus mask rides on the front of your chin and doesn't slip under the chin. If it does you may need to go down a size.

Most people will tell you to shoot for a AHI of 5 as that's the clinical threshold. In other words, if a person had a AHI under 5 they would not be treated with CPAP therapy and would be considered "normal".

But there's more to the story. Getting your AHI successfully lowered the way you have is considered an accomplishment. It's reducing damage to your cardiovascular system and it's making you feel better. Plus, as you adapt to CPAP therapy the AHI tends to drop, so just keep going.

What you really need to do is tell us what SleepyHead is reporting. Your machine is capable of being placed in auto mode where it will auto-adjust the pressure. That will allow you to spend more time at lower pressures increasing your comfort, and raise the pressure when needed so that possibly you can get your AHI lower.

First, though, we need to see what SleepyHead is reporting to you.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a Therapist just fit me for the mask on Tuesday so only had the FFM for three nights. It does fit really good and it has been more enjoyable being able to breath from both mouth and nose. The mask fits nicely between my lower lip and the chin. I did notice the red mark today and I did tighten the mask a little bit last night as it felt a little loose, I can feel the indent running my finger across the bridge. there is no open sores So I am trying to not let it get that point of it being sore. I can try loosening it up but there is no pad or any thing I might try to cut some fabric from a tee-shirt see if that helps.
so AHI greater that 5 is ok as long as it it under 10 would be a get set to stay with.

I will Load up the the Data in sleepyhead when I get home and post some Screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ressler76,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use a FFM and it took me several months of experimentation with different masks and strap adjustments before I found a combination that eliminated leaks but didn't leave the bridge of my nose bright red and very sore. I tried everything -- mask liners, bandaids, blister cushions, etc., and was frequently frustrated, until I finally loosened my mask straps to the point where they are just tight enough to prevent leaks, but no tighter -- lots of fiddling and trial and error required to find that sweet spot.

I used the Amara View for a while, and it's a good mask that doesn't rest on the bridge of the nose, but I prefer the feel and fit of the Resmed Airfit F10.

Good luck with your therapy -- it WILL get easier as you become adjusted to it. The beginning is usually challenging, but after a few months it will become a normal part of sleeping.

AndyB
Post Reply Post Reply
Been on CPAP for about 8 years. just had an updated sleep study and doc increased pressure from 10 to 12 and put me on an O2 bleed in. I got the Airsense10 10 and the MyAir results are strange. The lower my score is out of 100 the lower my events per hour although it stays under 7 and many times under 5. My O2 flow level is 2 on a continuous flow machine, Easyflow5 and I wondered what result if I raise that flow rate to 3, if anyone knows. Thank zYou and glad to have found this board
Post Reply Post Reply
Your lower myAir scores are likely due to taking the mask off to get out of bed in the middle of the night, or getting a low number of hours of sleep in a night. Neither of these have anything to do with oxygen levels.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,350 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,315 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 396 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 193 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.