Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Alcohol and CPAP
RE: Alcohol and CPAP
I find that since using CPAP that when I indulge a little too much that my hangovers are not as bad the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2017, 04:33 PM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: I find that since using CPAP that when I indulge a little too much that my hangovers are not as bad the next day.

Agree, nice side benefit!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Count me in too. My AHI is lesser when sleeping with alcohol in my system.
However, my heart rate monitor tells me that my sleeping heart rate is higher when I sleep with alcohol in my system.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have higher AHIs when I drank b/f going to bed. Since upping my min cmH2O, drinks don't seem to affect my numbers anymore.

B/f cpap, wine or beer would give me a headache the next morning. Glad that's mostly over, unless it's pretty bad reds on the house, then it's something else from the fermentation process.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, I notice that if I take a Manhattan or Margarita, my AHI that night will bump up and double. Not so much with a glass of wine or a small beer. Also, if I have any kind of worry or argument in my mind, that night my AHI will also worsen. 

When I used the full mask and I tried several Resmed types, my AHI would fluctuate from AHI 2.0 to 9.0 then after I changed to the Airfit N10 the AHI ranges would be 1.0 to 4.0 on a bad night. Since I have been using the Airfit N20 my AHIs have mostly ranged below 1.0  and I even had a couple nights with 0.0 reading which surprised me. Last night I had a Manhattan  3 hours before sleep as I wanted to relax and my AHI bumped up to 1.9
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] USING WINTERGREEN ALCOHOL FOR CLEANING/FRAGRANCE CPAPSC 2 776 03-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Alcohol IMPROVES my sleep apnea? hagrock 10 2,567 10-18-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Alcohol and Sleep dolppl 10 1,718 05-09-2020, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Alcohol and AHI ppca 3 1,259 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ppca
  Alcohol and Lower AHI tiredPerson 12 3,713 08-18-2018, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  Alcohol and AHI Ockrocket 8 2,067 06-20-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Therapy Questions [high AHI, smoker, drink alcohol] Tosh78 30 4,583 05-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scroydon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.