Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of It??
RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of It??
Well, the most you can lose from the pit stops is 5%. Hardly a big hit and the fact is you'd get better sleep if you didn't have to get up. Not saying you don't have to, I had a hell of a time with getting up for pit stops earlier this year and felt terrible for it. My doctor put me on Gabapentin for peripheral neuropathy and suddenly I went seven hours and only have to get up once when I do get up. So far my record is nine and a bit hours in one go. Your condition may not be so treatable, of course.

And sometimes what seems like good news isn't. I was getting seven hour nights last year and was pretty happy about it until my new doctor did some blood tests and it turned out my kidneys were failing! Fortunately stopping NSAID pills allowed my kidneys to bounce back but as they bounced back so did the multiple pit stops. And equally fortunately the Gabapentin the doctor put me on for nerve pain also fixed my bladder's irritability. So far anyway. Knock on wood (knocks on head).
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds reasonable to me but without your peripheral venous insufficiency it might be possible to sleep the night through of course there is no real way to know. Just goes to show how difficult it is to create something that fits everyone exactly.

Best,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just replaced my Resmed Escape with a Resmed Airsense 10. I had no statistics with the Escape and thought it would be interesting to see how I was doing. Since Resmed advertises MyAir I figured I would examine it. (Before I found Sleepyhead)

All results on MyAir matched the Resmed report screen EXCEPT Mask Leaks. After a few nights of incorrect results I contacted Resmed. I thought I was doing them a favour telling them about a 'bug' in their app. They told me so much BS it was incredible. I was looking on a small screen. I did not understand what I was looking at. It was so bad it was insulting.

So I went to my store and told them to check. Sure enough on their Resmed app that the user does not have access to the results were correct. So they phoned Resmed.

The answer I was given while sitting there I hope I interpreted incorrectly. Resmed said the results are not wrong but different from what shows on the CPAP. They said the machine calculates based on x% of data and the MyAir app calculates based on y%.(Why only mask leaks?)  Then the question was Why?

Here goes. They said because they want users to have reasons to go to their store and check to see how they were doing. If the user was given all the correct information there would be no reason to visit the store!!!!!!!! (I really hope I am way off base)

To me this is an illegal response. The CPAP is used for heath reasons. You cannot even buy it unless you have a prescription. It is not a toy. And the company is sending out invalid statistics on purpose. Patients would be better off with no internet report from Resmed.

I check the results for my mother-in-law to see how she is doing. According to MyAir she is doing great as far as Mask Leaks is concerned. NOT.

I hope someone can tell me I am completely wrong. Comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what or how My Air calculates anything, but I wouldn't put much faith in it.  Their response to you isn't so much "illegal" as it is bull.  

MyAir is fine for a quick check in the morning, but if you want detailed data, use either ResMed software or preferably #SleepyHead.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 11:19 AM)Ebguy47 Wrote: Just replaced my Resmed Escape with a Resmed Airsense 10. I had no statistics with the Escape and thought it would be interesting to see how I was doing. Since Resmed advertises MyAir I figured I would examine it. (Before I found Sleepyhead)

All results on MyAir matched the Resmed report screen EXCEPT Mask Leaks. After a few nights of incorrect results I contacted Resmed. I thought I was doing them a favour telling them about a 'bug' in their app. They told me so much BS it was incredible. I was looking on a small screen. I did not understand what I was looking at. It was so bad it was insulting.

So I went to my store and told them to check. Sure enough on their Resmed app that the user does not have access to the results were correct. So they phoned Resmed.

The answer I was given while sitting there I hope I interpreted incorrectly. Resmed said the results are not wrong but different from what shows on the CPAP. They said the machine calculates based on x% of data and the MyAir app calculates based on y%.(Why only mask leaks?)  Then the question was Why?

Here goes. They said because they want users to have reasons to go to their store and check to see how they were doing. If the user was given all the correct information there would be no reason to visit the store!!!!!!!! (I really hope I am way off base)

To me this is an illegal response. The CPAP is used for heath reasons. You cannot even buy it unless you have a prescription. It is not a toy. And the company is sending out invalid statistics on purpose. Patients would be better off with no internet report from Resmed.

I check the results for my mother-in-law to see how she is doing. According to MyAir she is doing great as far as Mask Leaks is concerned. NOT.

I hope someone can tell me I am completely wrong. Comments.

unethical for sure but legal 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2017, 04:29 PM)PaytonA Wrote: As far as your sleep hygiene is concerned, Sleepster, I would recommend some reading material to you, if you have not already read it. I highly recommend a book called Sound Sleep, Sound Mind by Barry Krakow MD. The book starts out dealing with insomnia and goes on to deal with poor sleep and sleep disturbed breathing. I think Dr. Krakow has some extremely pertinent things to say.

I am getting to the point where I am getting more and more nights where I sleep all the way through the night without even any bathroom breaks.

If you do or have read this book, please let me know what you think.

Just my suggestion for what it is worth.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

if that book is so good why no reviews on amazon at all 
it has no isbn so it was clearly self published which always raises a red flag

what does the book say that you think is useful
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 04:28 PM)xxyzx Wrote: if that book is so good why no reviews on amazon at all 

Actually, there are 47 customer reviews on Amazon, with a 4.5 star rating.   Smile

I haven't read it myself, but probably will at some point.  

I'm sure Payton will give you his opinion.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 04:28 PM)xxyzx Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 04:29 PM)PaytonA Wrote: As far as your sleep hygiene is concerned, Sleepster, I would recommend some reading material to you, if you have not already read it. I highly recommend a book called Sound Sleep, Sound Mind by Barry Krakow MD. The book starts out dealing with insomnia and goes on to deal with poor sleep and sleep disturbed breathing. I think Dr. Krakow has some extremely pertinent things to say.

I am getting to the point where I am getting more and more nights where I sleep all the way through the night without even any bathroom breaks.

If you do or have read this book, please let me know what you think.

Just my suggestion for what it is worth.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

if that book is so good why no reviews on amazon at all 
it has no isbn so it was clearly self published which always raises a red flag

what does the book say that you think is useful

Facts

Amazon - 47 Reviews.....Avg.=4.5 out of 5 stars

ISBN-13 - 9780471650645
Turner Publishing Company

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 05:10 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Facts

Amazon - 47 Reviews.....Avg.=4.5 out of 5 stars

ISBN-13 - 9780471650645
Turner Publishing Company

77% of those reviews were 5 star.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 11:19 AM)Ebguy47 Wrote: .......

Shifty, yes
unethical, maybe
legal, yes

unfortunately, this is becoming a very common business tactic.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 661 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,039 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 757 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 446 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 509 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 291 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.