Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High leakage causing shutdown and restart?
High leakage causing shutdown and restart?
Normally I have no problem with leaks. However, in the past 3 weeks, the restmed “red “face has been up almost every night.  I still have less than 2.0 events and usually less than 1.0. Oscar shows some very strange occupancies. The pressure will stop completely then restart (auto start on) at 8 mmHg (base) then ramp to 12 mmHg.  This occurs as often as 8-10 times in rapid repeations.  I do not wake up, only see it on Oscar and alway the “red” face.  The shutdown seem to be triggered by leakage in excess of 100 mmHg, but I have changed all components hose, swivel, mask and tub.  If I use a very aggressive chin strap (full face as I am a mouth breather) it will not happen some nights but it will happen other nights.  Very perplexed … machine or me?
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High leakage causing shutdown and restart?
Turn off SmartStart

Autostart interprets huge flow as you no longer being attached to the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High leakage causing shutdown and restart?
At least you are sleeping. You probably need to change mask size or type or renew it. Mask fit and comfort is a lot more important than using settings to fix this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,415 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.