Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed MyAir setup
Resmed MyAir setup
I have a friend I was talking to that has some autoset Resmed device. At this point we were discussing AHI which he had never heard of. He has been using his machine over 5 years, and has no idea how it is working other than maybe how he feels. He wanted to know how you got AHI. I told him there was software (Oscar, way beyond him), and I was sure that Resmed must have an app. I looked and do see a MyAir app on the Apple app store. I use android and have a Dreamstation 2. He is technologically challenged. How hard is it to setup MyAir? I'm pretty good technological wise, but I wouldn't give him much chance if he were trying to setup the Respironics app.  Hopefully, Resmed is a no brainer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed MyAir setup
The Resmed has a Sleep report screen display option on all models that are currently being manufactured.  If you go into the Clinicians' Menu, you can change Essentials to Plus, and that will report not only the overall AHI (the default), but by scrolling down to the bottom of the Sleep Report, you can see the distribution of event types.

As far as MyAir, it is more of a "feel-good" app and doesn't provide any more worthwhile information than the screen report's data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone will need to get the serial number from the back of the machine and enter that info in the app. Then do some tutoring with the app.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. Not sure he can do either of the solutions. I'll have to take a look at the clinician's manual to see if I can guide him thru. I'll have him download MyAir and see if he can work thru.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once he downloads the app, it prompts you for the required info. it’s easy, especially if he’s able to download an app to begin with.
Post Reply Post Reply
If he’s been using his machine for 5 years or so he may not be able to get MyAir info over the internet if his modem is not 4g. He can however read the display on the machine itself everyday or read the info on the sd card if downloaded to Oscar or SleepHQ software. Sorry, I know it gets more technical if you need info
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully, he can download the app. I looked the app up on mu iPad. I will pass that off to him. Although, I use Oscar regularly, and the Dreamstation app for quick AHI reading, he will never use Oscar. For people like him, manufacturers need to make their app installs no brainers. I have found more users than not will not use an app if it is not plug and play. I don't think the Dreamstation app falls into this category, ie too much playing around with bluetooth to get it to work. Hopefully, Resmed is easier.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as he can read the serial number and the number off the mask to set up the profile, it should be pretty plug and play. I think it is easiest to use a smart device if he has one, because then it will just autoload the data through Bluetooth when you open the app. This app can only download to MyAir after it downloads to the online mothership for your clinician, so best to wait an hour or so to try and access that night, or he will think it is not working.

Not a lot of data is displayed, but that may be a good thing. It is more of a cheerleading app than a deep dive, but it has nice rudimentary tutorials links as well as AHI. And he can see graphically how his numbers have changed over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red for the introduction to "PLUS". That will help.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2022, 03:19 PM)Nightynite Wrote: Someone will need to get the serial number from the back of the machine and enter that info in the app. Then do some tutoring with the app.

Was about to say something but I realized that since they have had theirs for 5 years odds are they have an older model, I was going to say that you can sync the MyAir account to your machine via Bluetooth, but I think that is just for the AirSense 11 models that have that option.

As for the person that said that MyAir is just a feel good app, while I do agree and while it has very limited information of just "time", "AHI", and "did the mask leak enough to make the machine mad for a long time?", if someone is tech illiterate that simplistic ability to just view just the AHI without the breakdown of which types and how long is still better than a kick in the teeth, bringing in the more detailed breakdowns may be a bit much for someone who isn't tech savvy and the most basic of data may be the right data for them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 114 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,681 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,946 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 251 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,244 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 579 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.