Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6 to 9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Resmed MyAir
Well I have heard of some that love the My Air site but that is because they just want that total number. They figure as the number goes up they are doing better. This is true to a point but the site isn't useful for those of us that adjust our own machines. I have to adjust my own and Sleepy Head gives me the info I need in order to tailor my therapy. I am truly thankful for SH. It is very detailed. I think that companies like ResMed can learn some by checking out SH and improve Rescan and My Air. I know there are others out there like I am sure that the other CPAP manufacturers have their own software and I doubt that any are as detailed as SH. Thank you SH.
08-23-2015 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Henrietta23 Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Unsure
Humidifier: Unsure
CPAP Pressure: 5-9
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Sad RE: Resmed MyAir
ResMed leaders need more help than increased oxygen to the brain -- they need training on how people learn. The ResMed user friendly idea is a joke! They don't even know how to use the technology correctly. What a frustrating experience it is to deal with ResMed! I have this question: Do those in a position to make changes at ResMed even care?
03-16-2016 09:33 AM
Possum Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense Autoset A10
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: (included in CPAP model)
CPAP Pressure: 8-12

Other Comments: Innovo CMS-50F+ pulse oximeter

My answer is, "No." They are just a company interested in making a product that they can sell and make large profits with - they don't give an actual damn about us, the patients. They push all customer support to their DME's because they don't want to deal with patients themselves. All of my attempts to contact them directly have either been ignored or answered with a very generic, copy/paste type of response.
03-16-2016 12:18 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Henrietta23 Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Unsure
Humidifier: Unsure
CPAP Pressure: 5-9
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write. I agree 100% with everything you said. I am going to try to reach the ResMed leadership and register some complaints. I will tell what happens online. It is ridiculous for them to invite people to send questions and then be ignored altogether. Shame on them!
03-16-2016 01:05 PM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

You would have a better chance of getting your questions answered here than with ResMed or your DME.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
03-16-2016 06:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(03-16-2016 01:05 PM)Henrietta23 Wrote:  Thank you for taking the time to write. I agree 100% with everything you said. I am going to try to reach the ResMed leadership and register some complaints. I will tell what happens online. It is ridiculous for them to invite people to send questions and then be ignored altogether. Shame on them!

Henrietta, you need to know that Resmed and Respironics's customers are DMEs and professionals, not patients. While they provide user-accessible software, the companies cannot talk to you about your treatment, its efficacy or anything else of importance to you. If you have questions, ask here, or refer them to your doctor or supplier. You will get NO response from a manufacturer.

03-16-2016 07:33 PM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

There is nothing about MyAir that is useful, IMHO, other than to provide compliance information. The only data it provides for the patient that is useful is the leak data (more on that later). Now, if you had very high AHI and now you have lower AHI, well, it does give you 2 weeks of that data and you can feel comfortable that you are getting at least some treatment. However, if your AHI is below 5 and you still feel like crap, how do you improve the situation? You can't because you have no data.

In my case, I started with a low AHI. Nearly all my events are near REM and REM. If I sleep for 8 hours, I only have events for maybe 1-2 hours. I have to have an awful lot of events during those 1-2 hours for it to make much more than a blip on my AHI. So for me, Sleepyhead is the only option because the other machine data is inadequate to address my issues.

For leak data, when are you getting leaks? Are you getting leaks randomly when you move around in bed? Or are all the leaks occurring at the highest pressure resulting in your getting little to no therapy during the worst time of your sleep? One is a fitting problem, while the other may be a pillow/cushion that is wearing out. How would you know from just basic leak data?
03-17-2016 06:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results ressler76 6 1,521 10-01-2016 11:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 2,670 08-13-2016 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  FORCE MyAir Data Upload srlevine1 3 632 05-15-2016 07:16 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  MyAir accuracy? partsmutt 15 1,708 05-15-2016 05:35 PM
Last Post: rem52
  Time of MyAir Autosync usertc 1 494 04-29-2016 05:11 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  RESMED AIRSENCE 10 AUTO MYAIR jtprop 13 1,385 04-15-2016 06:22 PM
Last Post: jtprop
  [Equipment] myAIR issues srlevine1 4 755 04-03-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: srlevine1