Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed MyAir
RE: Resmed MyAir
Everything I can think of in history that starts its name with "My..." has been stupid and wrongheaded, including "My Computer" and "My Network TV". It promotes the concept of possession as being something admirable, in a country where "owning stuff" is well out of hand. There are a thousand better concepts to be promoting than this.

So I have an automatic prejudice against "MyAir", just for the stupid name alone.

It also seems like an attempt to get on the bandwagon of everything having to have an internet presence, as if they would look old and hidebound if they didn't do something, even if it turned out to be lame and useless. Again, wrong concept...getting on the internet is not what is important; providing something with value is.

"Automated, personalized coaching and support"? Please. If its automated, that is the exact opposite of personal. You can't take a bunch of scenarios and have a computer search input for words that indicate which cookie-cutter scenario of advice to funnel out to the user and expect that to be helpful (and not harmful). One size does not fit all.

Whoever thought this up needs to have their oxygen desat rates checked, as it seems their brains are not getting enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2014, 03:44 PM)archangle Wrote: As far as I know, the data sent via the cell modem is very limited compared to what's on the SD card. The doctor may get more info, but it's still very limited.

Hi Archangle,

The AirView clinician software can see detailed data collected over the air but no Flow data is collected over the air. The sample rate for the detailed data collected over the air is only once per minute, which is very slow.

With a single sample point per minute, this is 60 samples per hour, and for 8 hrs of sleep this would be 480 samples for the night. It may look like a continuous graph when the time scale is the whole night, but it is impossible to zoom in, to see mrs clearly exactly what may be happening within each minute.

The SD card holds 30 samples per minute for the regular detailed data, and 1500 samples per minute for the "High Rate" Flow data.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I signed up just to see what it would do. Pretty basic. Apparently they have a level of badges... Here's the one I just got (silver):

Congratulations on earning the AirPro SILVER badge. You have used your machine for 4 hours a night for 5 days in a week. Using therapy consistently takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

Be proud of your accomplishment and know that using your therapy will have significant impact on your quality of life.

81% of people who use CPAP for more than 7hrs a night achieve normal levels of sleepiness after 3 months.

Why not login to myAir and share your achievements with friends on Facebook or Twitter.

Sleep well!

The myAir team
Post Reply Post Reply
After several more silver badges, a gold level badge has appeared.
------
You've now completed at least 6 hours each night on sleep therapy for 21 out of the last 30 days.
Congratulations! You've earned yourself a badge!
------

(actually I'm 8+ hours per night for 24 nights, but who's counting...) Smile

The idea of badges might work better if they remained listed across the top of the dashboard page, but after an initial notification they go away. Unless they're counting on the user to use the included links in the notification email to post it to Facebook/Twitter to preserve it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think My Air has a place for the less-informed, non-tech savvy patient. Most folks on here would find it annoying and childish. But there is a set of patient personalities that need or like this sort of guidance and encouragement.

Myself I like checking it to see what my AHI score is if I didn't check it already.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone,

I just found this site and joined since I was having problems with logging into the MyAir site from Resmed. I just got my new machine a few weeks ago and have been trying to log into their site to see my information. After reading the posts, I am now glad that I didn't get logged in as I am wanting more information than just them telling me that I am doing good using my machine for so many hours. I have been on CPAP for over 13 years and can't sleep without it, so I don't need the patronizing information about how good I am doing. :grin:

Anyway, I guess I will look around for the software to be able to track it myself.

Thanks,
niteshift

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 10:39 AM)guitardrums Wrote: Decided to start a thread on this new cloud-based feature of Resmed

Does anyone know when Resmed MyAir will be available?

Website still says : Coming Soon

Here is the email response I got when I enquired about an ETA on it:

Thank you for notifying ResMed that you were not able to register your CPAP machine for myAir™. We are currently working to resolve this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We anticipate that this issue will be resolved on Monday, April 13, 2015. Please try registering your CPAP again at that time. Please contact us if you are unable to register for myAir at that time.

In the meantime, if you’d like see how you’re doing on CPAP, you can check your machine’s screen to view stats like your average usage and mask leak. You can also visit the ResMed YouTube channel for helpful videos about fitting your mask, adjusting your humidity and getting comfortable with CPAP. Please contact your provider if you have any questions about your treatment or if you’d like to see a complete download of your CPAP data.

We hope you’re enjoying your new CPAP and are experiencing better quality sleep.

Thanks,
Your friends at ResMed
Post Reply Post Reply
This was probably already mentioned but on the A10 if you set Essentials to Plus on the clinician menu you get way more information on the machine's tiny screen than you do with MyAir. But otherwise it is the same basic data you get with Essentials off or whatever the default is. Hardly worth the effort to login.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ive looked on this post and elsewhere but can't find any reference to whether myair works in Australia. Hopefully I haven't missed it. It doesn't seem to be working on my machine.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2015, 07:16 PM)swaziman Wrote: Ive looked on this post and elsewhere but can't find any reference to whether myair works in Australia. Hopefully I haven't missed it. It doesn't seem to be working on my machine.

I don't see why not - it uses a cell phone connection and I believe there is a cell network down there.

The "Myair" site had problems recently and the front page was not displaying your percent score for a couple of weeks. If you could figure out how you could still find the data as I found out after a few days.

It's a complicated process to sign up though, and you need the seria number of your machine.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 576 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,453 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,289 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.