Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed MyAir
RE: Resmed MyAir
(05-09-2015, 10:06 AM)accumack Wrote: Do the insurance companies look at that data for compliance? The machine is on rental for 9 months then it is bought outright.

Not directly. The insurance companies won't look at the data in the machine but at your medical record to see if your DME, RT, or Doc entered in that you are in compliance.

The typical insurance scheme is - It's covered by insurance for the first 90 days. They will continue to fund for the rest of the rental period as long as the data recorded on the machine shows you are using it 4 or more hours per night for at least 70% of the nights for the first 3 months. And usually you will need one follow up visit to your doc between 31 and 91 days after starting therapy.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been on therapy for 9 +years. I don't know why the insurance won't buy the machine at the start as I have to pay a co-pay every month for the 9 months and haven't missed a night in 9+ years! I have fought since October last year to get a new machine as my s8 took about 5minutes every night and morning pushing the button to get it on or off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2015, 09:11 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Smelly CPAP,
Smelly CPAP,
What are they feeding you?
Smelly CPAP,
Smelly CPAP,
It's not your fault!

Love,
Phoebe

Haha! Laugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply
I was initially concerned that my DME might be looking at the settings on my machine (assuming that it sends the settings, too) and see I was changing things, but it's become apparent that all they paid Resmed for was the MyAir data to see if I am compliant. I just cleared my first 30 days compliant--and that's all my insurer requires--so I don't think my DME will be looking any more. Woo hoo!
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got a ResMed S10 system. The machine report of 2 smiley faces did not provide enough data to see what was happening. I installed MyAir, which gave a little more information. The data failed to download after one time. I made 5 or 6 telephone calls to ResMed, one of which did call back and left a message I need to provide the serial number when leaving a message for them; leaving a message is the ONLY way to access tech help. Several times after leaving a message or a webmail, my data would appear in MyAir. I assume that they transferred the data to may account since it has never downloaded through my myAir. The one reply to a webmail message, I responded with another question and have not heard back. I reckon since I replied to it later blasting them for non-tech support, I will never hear from them.

When I questioned downloading the data from MyAir, I was informed that it could not be done; I think you can access only the last 30 days. When I asked about a the program my supplier used in a webmail, I was informed it was only available to medical professionals--not to users--the customer that paid for the product! To get the program, you had to create certified professional account.

I downloaded sleepyhead which accessed the data from the SD card. It presents one heck of a lot of analyses. I am overwhelmed and need to determine what is important to determine if my sleep is improving. I would also like to compare data with my FitBit Flex.

Comments on these forums talk about ResScan program which I assume is the ResMed's "professionals only" program. I will try to find a copy to download. I have my 1st evaluation with the sleep doctor soon; maybe he will provide the program.

While I think this product has help my sleep, I am unable to quantify it. I feel the lack of ResMed's technical help is a disgraceful. They seem to have no concept of who pays for their products. I really appreciate this forum to fill the gap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 01:53 PM)MichaelRoder Wrote: Comments on these forums talk about ResScan program which I assume is the ResMed's "professionals only" program. I will try to find a copy to download. I have my 1st evaluation with the sleep doctor soon; maybe he will provide the program.

Here is the link to the post on the ResScan program. ResScan
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 01:53 PM)MichaelRoder Wrote: I downloaded sleepyhead which accessed the data from the SD card. It presents one heck of a lot of analyses. I am overwhelmed and need to determine what is important to determine if my sleep is improving.
There are many resources here to help you with that.

Quote: I would also like to compare data with my FitBit Flex.
which has no access to your sleep data.

Quote:Comments on these forums talk about ResScan program which I assume is the ResMed's "professionals only" program. I will try to find a copy to download. I have my 1st evaluation with the sleep doctor soon; maybe he will provide the program.
You are really much better off just using SleepyHead. More data and includes the basic data that ResScan does without all the patient data stuff (ResScan is designed to be used by a Dr or DME's office for many patients)

Quote:I feel the lack of ResMed's technical help is a disgraceful. They seem to have no concept of who pays for their products.
You didn't buy your cpap from ResMed. You are not the consumer to ResMed. They sell their machines to DME (Durable Medical Equipment suppliers) and expect the DME to provide you with support for what you got. The DME is the consumer to them, not you.

MyAir provides very little more than you already can view on the machine itself.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 10:39 AM)guitardrums Wrote: Decided to start a thread on this new cloud-based feature of Resmed

Does anyone know when Resmed MyAir will be available?

Website still says : Coming Soon

My Air is so basic I don't know why they bother. I have found nothing useful on this site and it isn't accurate as putting the data card in the old computer and letting Sleepy Head do the work. I really like ResMed products but this site is a joke. Come on ResMed you can do better than that! I also hate Rescan as it isn't much better than my air. Hale the king of sleep data software SLEEPY HEAD! I wont use anything else.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Air is good for..................well, nothing really. It is hopelessly lacking in detail. It is there for cheerleading - to encourage you to keep using your machine because a large portion of people give up on xPAP.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people do like it for that reason; the simplicity. They may not care to see all the graphs and numbers that other software like Sleepyhead gives them. To each his own I guess. I have myair. used it for a week and then ditched it when I started using SH and ResScan.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 579 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,459 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 459 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,289 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.