Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed MyAir
RE: Resmed MyAir
Well I have heard of some that love the My Air site but that is because they just want that total number. They figure as the number goes up they are doing better. This is true to a point but the site isn't useful for those of us that adjust our own machines. I have to adjust my own and Sleepy Head gives me the info I need in order to tailor my therapy. I am truly thankful for SH. It is very detailed. I think that companies like ResMed can learn some by checking out SH and improve Rescan and My Air. I know there are others out there like I am sure that the other CPAP manufacturers have their own software and I doubt that any are as detailed as SH. Thank you SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
ResMed leaders need more help than increased oxygen to the brain -- they need training on how people learn. The ResMed user friendly idea is a joke! They don't even know how to use the technology correctly. What a frustrating experience it is to deal with ResMed! I have this question: Do those in a position to make changes at ResMed even care?
Post Reply Post Reply
My answer is, "No." They are just a company interested in making a product that they can sell and make large profits with - they don't give an actual damn about us, the patients. They push all customer support to their DME's because they don't want to deal with patients themselves. All of my attempts to contact them directly have either been ignored or answered with a very generic, copy/paste type of response.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for taking the time to write. I agree 100% with everything you said. I am going to try to reach the ResMed leadership and register some complaints. I will tell what happens online. It is ridiculous for them to invite people to send questions and then be ignored altogether. Shame on them!
Post Reply Post Reply
You would have a better chance of getting your questions answered here than with ResMed or your DME.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2016, 01:05 PM)Henrietta23 Wrote: Thank you for taking the time to write. I agree 100% with everything you said. I am going to try to reach the ResMed leadership and register some complaints. I will tell what happens online. It is ridiculous for them to invite people to send questions and then be ignored altogether. Shame on them!

Henrietta, you need to know that Resmed and Respironics's customers are DMEs and professionals, not patients. While they provide user-accessible software, the companies cannot talk to you about your treatment, its efficacy or anything else of importance to you. If you have questions, ask here, or refer them to your doctor or supplier. You will get NO response from a manufacturer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing about MyAir that is useful, IMHO, other than to provide compliance information. The only data it provides for the patient that is useful is the leak data (more on that later). Now, if you had very high AHI and now you have lower AHI, well, it does give you 2 weeks of that data and you can feel comfortable that you are getting at least some treatment. However, if your AHI is below 5 and you still feel like crap, how do you improve the situation? You can't because you have no data.

In my case, I started with a low AHI. Nearly all my events are near REM and REM. If I sleep for 8 hours, I only have events for maybe 1-2 hours. I have to have an awful lot of events during those 1-2 hours for it to make much more than a blip on my AHI. So for me, Sleepyhead is the only option because the other machine data is inadequate to address my issues.

For leak data, when are you getting leaks? Are you getting leaks randomly when you move around in bed? Or are all the leaks occurring at the highest pressure resulting in your getting little to no therapy during the worst time of your sleep? One is a fitting problem, while the other may be a pillow/cushion that is wearing out. How would you know from just basic leak data?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 573 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 437 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,446 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 456 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,043 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,741 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,288 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.