Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

p30i making more noise than it used to
RE: p30i making more noise than it used to
because I use smart start, my machines shut off after 3 minutes of mask fit. experimenting today, I see that it does switch to therapy mode briefly before shutting down. I tried it with a medium and a very small p10 nasal cushion: with the medium pillow the machine shut off after a few seconds in therapy mode; with the very small pillow it did not. it also fails to shut off after switching to therapy mode with smart start off.

however, whether smart start is on or off, if it continues to run free in therapy mode after running mask fit, there's no change on the machine's screen, not usage hours, leak rate, ahi, nothing changes, so I conclude that no new session is recorded, at least within 3-4 minutes of therapy mode after running mask fit.

otoh, when I started breathing through the mask after it switched to therapy mode, the machine display did change, noting the usage time and ahi (in this case, 1 minute use and ahi of 60). I'll have to try it again with the sd card in the machine to be sure but I'd wager it recorded a new session after breathing with it (but no new session if no breathing is detected).

I'll be interested to see if others have similar or different experiences.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 99 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 721 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,188 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 187 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 958 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.