Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N10 vs Respironics Wisp...?
Resmed N10 vs Respironics Wisp...?
I have been using the Wisp, and thinking about getting the N10. Is is as good, better or worse?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed N10 vs Respironics Wisp...?
I started with the N10, and changed over to the Wisp. I found that the N10 allowed air to blow off the sides of my nose and into my eyes, which was very uncomfortable. The Wisp has a double wall along the sides which prevents that leakage. Otherwise they seem to be quite similar, as far as I can tell.
Oh, except that the magnets on the N10 drove me crazy getting stuck to themselves and anything else magnetic around me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2016, 09:08 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I started with the N10, and changed over to the Wisp. I found that the N10 allowed air to blow off the sides of my nose and into my eyes, which was very uncomfortable. The Wisp has a double wall along the sides which prevents that leakage. Otherwise they seem to be quite similar, as far as I can tell.
Oh, except that the magnets on the N10 drove me crazy getting stuck to themselves and anything else magnetic around me.

Do you mean it was leaking?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2016, 12:03 PM)player Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 09:08 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I started with the N10, and changed over to the Wisp. I found that the N10 allowed air to blow off the sides of my nose and into my eyes, which was very uncomfortable. The Wisp has a double wall along the sides which prevents that leakage. Otherwise they seem to be quite similar, as far as I can tell.

Do you mean it was leaking?

Yep, and it felt like it was all going towards my eyes. The amount was leakage was not excessive according to SleepyHead, and tightening the mask was not effective. I have dents in my nose from wearing glasses.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi player,
I tried the N10 and found it to be noisy at higher pressures. I liked it in all other ways; it fit me well, I liked the headgear, (including the magnetic clips,) but I couldn't get past the noise.
You might have great success with it, though, good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2016, 06:51 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi player,
I tried the N10 and found it to be noisy at higher pressures. I liked it in all other ways; it fit me well, I liked the headgear, (including the magnetic clips,) but I couldn't get past the noise.
You might have great success with it, though, good luck.

What pressure do you call "higher pressures"?
I am at 11-16, rarely going over 13.
Post Reply Post Reply
You shouldn't have any trouble with those pressure,smy machine goes higher than that sometimes 'till I change sleeping positions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered an N10 for $108 cad with free shipping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my Resmed N10 and it works fine. It's lighter, lower profile, and more comfortable than the Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue going on with the wisp, that air leaks right into my eyes at night! The performance is good and AHI stay low (and the fit shows 100% on the machine) so it doesn’t effect that aspect, but the air blown into my eyes is So anoying ???
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 270 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 873 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,744 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,403 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 373 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.