Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
(01-24-2020, 03:26 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: Don’t understand all the groaning about the “flimsy strap” on the N30.  

I can appreciate your experience with your headgear, but from what I understand, it is subjective.  What I don't appreciate is you characterising the flimsy strap issue as "groaning" - my experience with this headgear is that the straps are flimsy - I have long soft hair which isn't working with this headgear.  I came to this forum as a new CPAP user to see if others are having the same issue,  and potential solutions,  and not your opinion of what my experience has been.  Except for your comment, all responses have been positive - and if someone has a different experience - they state it that way - not judgemental.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, I like the headgear for the N30. It makes the mask easy to put on, even in total darkness. What I don't like is the adjustment clip. It does not hold tension well, so the straps would loosen on me over the course of the night and cause leaks. I took an alligator style hairclip and clip the straps right above the adjustment clip. This way, the headgear cannot loosen on me overnight. This has worked well for me.

As always, YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2020, 09:10 AM)MaireD Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 03:26 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: Don’t understand all the groaning about the “flimsy strap” on the N30.  

I can appreciate your experience with your headgear, but from what I understand, it is subjective.  What I don't appreciate is you characterising the flimsy strap issue as "groaning" - my experience with this headgear is that the straps are flimsy - I have long soft hair which isn't working with this headgear.  I came to this forum as a new CPAP user to see if others are having the same issue,  and potential solutions,  and not your opinion of what my experience has been.  Except for your comment, all responses have been positive - and if someone has a different experience - they state it that way - not judgemental.

Welcome to the forum MaireD!

There are so many good people here. They've taught me so  much. I was lost before I found this forum. I had been compliant for a long time (about 35 years now). My early machines told my sleep doc that i had been using them. That's all he needed to know.
There's so much more to learn than that!
And sleep quality is so important.

A little bit about my therapy. I've become a mouth breather sometimes. And I'm claustrophobic. I keep using a nasal mask and a chinstrap, or something equivalent to a chinstrap.  I have fine hair too, and a bald spot. Most chinstraps don't work for me. I finally found one design that does. The bad news is that they stretch. And when they stretch they are no darn good for me.  Now they've stopped making them...

So for me treatment is dynamic. It's not static.  I mean that things keep changing! So I need to adapt.

Before I found this forum I was an old hoser. Sleep deprived. Cranky. My focus now is on improving sleep quality. I want to feel better.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
ps.  If in fact one mask fit all we wouldn't have so many choices! (one of my equipment suppliers offered 3 choices. No substitutions. I had to take the mask they included in the "deal".)

Everyone is unique!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The nasal cushion on the N30 is much better than the one on the N30i leak-wise. My main complaint on the N30 is that the mask hose is considerably shorter than the one on the P10 which makes it easier for the CPAP hose to pull the mask away from my nose. No clue why they shortened the mask hose
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy another generic short flexible hose to attach to the N30 short hose and then attach that to the CPAP hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, that's contributing to the problem.
I'm going to see if placing the cushion and hose in a Wisp frame will produce stability to go along with the comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
To poster saying the strap doesn’t work as well with fine hair: I agree with you on that point. I have fine hair and if I let it get more than a couple of inches long my AHI starts climbing when using the P10/N30 type mask strap. When I keep my hair very short i don’t have that problem. I can see with people with longer hair might have a problem. The fact that I keep my hair short may also keep the strap from stretching as much.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update on the N30 mask which might be helpful -  I happened to have a Swift FX nasal pillow headgear - the nasal pillows don't work with my nose - my hubby suggested trying the strap from the Swift FX headgear on the N30 - it works!!!  Now I can have a nasal cradle with an awesome strap.  It's sturdier and easy to put on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a pic of the modded mask?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 125 Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,281 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,020 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 184 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,288 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,414 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 332 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.