Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
You might also like the wisp, or the airfit N20.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can’t get a reliable seal with the N30i cushion so I use that headgear with the P30i pillows. Once in a while the pillows will irritate a nostril if not placed properly but they deal better. Really wish the N30i cushions would work but they don’t for me.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I love the N30!  It's comfortable and a nasal cradle - which works best for me.  I did try the Swift Fx Nano (nasal mask) and didn't like how it sealed around my nose and right under my eyes - even with the small mask.  I can see how there is a risk of air leak with the N30, but from my experience, they all do to a degree.  I might give the DreamWear a try, though.  After buying 4 masks, going to give my credit card a rest for now, insurance won't pay for the last 3 until 6 months from now.   Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
They didn't work for me either.  Something about the rigid front of them.  The dreamwear cushion works okay, using the smallest cushion, as long as I add an extra strap on the side arms so the mask can't move.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to belabor this topic, but even though I really like the n30's nasal cradle, the straps are too thin to stay in place (I have long hair - which doesn't help).  I feel like I'm back where I started - still trying to use the n30, but extremely disappointed that the only "cradle" models are the n30i (can also be used with the nasal pillows, but I can't use them) and n30.  Makes me wonder if ResMed did any real research.  I'm trying to find a work around for the straps......sigh...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2020, 02:11 PM)MaireD Wrote: I'm trying to find a work around for the straps......sigh...

How about a headband?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't think of that but it's worth a try - thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't feel bad about the back-and-forth.  It's the only way to home in on a mask that you can use.  It's all tiny details with this stuff, but they matter because the darn thing has to work when you're unconscious and unable to make adjustments.
Your comments about the N30 and N30i don't surprise me a bit - they're right on target.  I think you should try the dreamwear - I recommend using the smallest size cushion that will fit on your nose, and adding a second strap below the standard one to stabilize the mask.

Let us know if that works or of what doesn't work, and then I may have alternate suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your suggestion - I should have heeded your comment about the issue with leaks with the N30 - it's more comfortable than the nasal pillows and the nasal mask that completely covers your nose (and in my case, right under my lower eye lids).  Oddly I'm still getting "smiley" faces in the morning regardless of some leakage.  I'll check out the DreamWear next - but my concern is that the N30i I tried conducted the machine noise through the tube which made sleep impossible.
Post Reply Post Reply
The dreamwear conducts noise too, but I think it's a bit less than the N30i because it's a softer material, and I think thicker as well.  Also, it has vents on both the cushion and the top fitting, which cuts down on the flow noise in the side arms somewhat.  But it does make noise, depending on your pressure setting.  You will actually get used to it and fall asleep to it, but it can be annoying at first.  And you can have a tendency to 'chase' the noise with your breathing - you have to train yourself to just ignore it and breathe naturally, which isn't as easy as it sounds.

If you try and try and can't get it to work, there are other over the nose masks that I can suggest that are pretty comfortable, depending on the shape of your nose and face.  Like the Wisp, for example.  But the dreamwear is one of the best - it's worth getting used, to with an extra strap added.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,223 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.