Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
I find the P30i to be significantly more quiet than the N30i. I think sleeping partners would agree.

I also find the small frame to be more quiet than the standard frame, but I don’t think it would matter to partners at all. The tubes of the small are farther from the ears.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2020, 05:07 PM)cronkster Wrote: They didn't work for me either.  Something about the rigid front of them.  The dreamwear cushion works okay, using the smallest cushion, as long as I add an extra strap on the side arms so the mask can't move.

Good advice. 
I did the same. I had 3 or 4? DreamWear masks in succession. Without modifying them, they moved a lot so after a while I changed to the N20.
I'm going to get a new mask. my current N20 leaked terribly two nights ago; it's been getting worse as it gets old.

This thread is really interesting to me.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I think that the N20 cushion is a keeper, too.  I thought that the headgear was a bit clunky, so I fitted an N20 cushion and short hose (the hose will press directly into the cushion and can then be glued in place with Goop or similar) into a Wisp frame and headgear.  No need to attach to the Wisp setup......it's held in place naturally on your face.  I route the short hose up top and attach to the loop on the headgear for a top connection.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2020, 12:25 PM)cronkster Wrote: I think that the N20 cushion is a keeper, too.  I thought that the headgear was a bit clunky, so I fitted an N20 cushion and short hose (the hose will press directly into the cushion and can then be glued in place with Goop or similar) into a Wisp frame and headgear.  No need to attach to the Wisp setup......it's held in place naturally on your face.  I route the short hose up top and attach to the loop on the headgear for a top connection.

That's very creative! Excellent.
FWIW I had a better night last night. 
I used my N20 mask. I washed it thoroughly before using it.
I used my home made cushion under my jaw to keep my jaw closed. I mouthbreath. Worked for me.
I was less stressed when I went to bed. 

I believe my fix will be to get/buy a new mask. And if it ain't broke don't fix it mode, I'll buy the same size.

Some-long-time-ago I had a Wisp mask. Actually had several. I developed a bump on/inside my nostril way back then. I had it surgically removed about a year ago. Surgeon said "she didn't get it all" but I'm glad she stopped where she did. She took out two bumps.  So about 6 months ago I found another bump starting, same spot, on my other nostril. Been a little stressed....

Next I had DreamWear masks...sloppy headgear on those.

The N20 is the best I've found yet.  F20 drove me crazy during a trial. I'm claustrophobic.  But it was leakage that never ended! took it back.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Wisp too.  I like the fact that the cushions are compact, and the S/M works for me but is just a tad small - the edges seem to encroach on the sides and bottom of my nose just a bit.  And the short hose is okay, but unnecessarily heavy compared the the N20 short hose.
I used to sleep with a chinstrap too - a 3 inch wide elastic one with velcro ends, but I've been able to wean myself off it.
I also have the new DreamWisp as an alternate mask.  It's pretty good, but I don't find the magnetic clips on the headgear to be worth feeling a lump against your cheek.  The cushion is just pretty good, but it's nice to have an over the nose cushion mask without the front hose.
Try the Dreamwear again with an added extra strap.  If it doesn't move it works pretty well and you might like it for an alternate.  It's more noise than the front hose masks, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2020, 03:04 PM)cronkster Wrote: I have a Wisp too.  I like the fact that the cushions are compact, and the S/M works for me but is just a tad small - the edges seem to encroach on the sides and bottom of my nose just a bit.  And the short hose is okay, but unnecessarily heavy compared the the N20 short hose.
I used to sleep with a chinstrap too - a 3 inch wide elastic one with velcro ends, but I've been able to wean myself off it.
I also have the new DreamWisp as an alternate mask.  It's pretty good, but I don't find the magnetic clips on the headgear to be worth feeling a lump against your cheek.  The cushion is just pretty good, but it's nice to have an over the nose cushion mask without the front hose.
Try the Dreamwear again with an added extra strap.  If it doesn't move it works pretty well and you might like it for an alternate.  It's more noise than the front hose masks, though.

Thanks...
Along the way I developed a "bump" on the bottom of my nostril. By the time I had it attended to  I had gone through acouple of Wisp masks, then 3 Dreamwear masks. The Wisp was too small. I think the bump started from encroachment from the wisp and poor mask higiene on my part.
The Dreamwear continued the problem. I finally had surgery. both bumps. I'm sorry I waited. scar from the bump on top of my nose is prominent. You can't see the missing skin on my nostril. Surgeon said, big bump--got it all. nostril bump almost got it all. Along the way my Sister passed from big C.  She never said the C word. I'm trying to learn from her. She fought 6 years.

So I'm not going to get a DreamWear. I stole an extra strap from my first. and used it for my no 2 and no 3 Dreamwears.

I used to wake up to see if it was leaking. Even with the extra strap.

Your advice is really helpful.  I meant to have a new mask by now. I'll get one this week. 

My numbers are good. If my mask was perfect it would be quieter; maybe a little bigger. I predict I'll come home with a new mask and headgear.  N20 wide, not medium. I think.

Your post really helped.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting posts, Dave.
See Paul Saladino and others for info on the Carnivore Diet.  It'll protect your health in every way, including keeping the big C away.
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to the DME to get an N30. They said it’s new enough they don’t stock it. They ordered one to come straight to me.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck keeping it in place with the flimsy strap.
I'm on vacation and using my dreamwear mask but had an idea while I'm away from home.  When I get back I'm going to try the trick I did with the N20 cushion and hose, and place the N30 cushion and its hose through the hole in a Wisp frame and headgear, routing the hose up and attached to the top headgear strap.  We'll see if that keeps the cushion in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2020, 11:34 PM)cronkster Wrote: Interesting posts, Dave.
See Paul Saladino and others for info on the Carnivore Diet.  It'll protect your health in every way, including keeping the big C away.

Thanks. that helps a lot.
My Sister passed after fighting it for 6 years. She's a hero of mine.
My Brother is a c survivor. His right breast was removed. Bless him; he's a c fighter and a kind gentle man.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,229 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.