Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
I'm still sorting out how to use the N30 since the nasal cradle-like cushion works so well, and there doesn't seem to be another mask with that option and better headgear - I'd love to know how using the headgear for the Wisp you described works out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the N30 for the past 5 nights and haven't had an issue with the headgear. Knock on wood.

I used the Dreamwear before. Negatives I found with that mask was it was a little more difficult to exhale than other masks. If I had a clogged nostril, it felt like I was suffocating. The other negative was it creating a divot i my hear even on the sides so was a little self-conscious about that. I did love the hose connection on top though.

I've tried the P10 and Pilairo but couldn't stand something inside my nostrils even just a little bit. So far the N30 has been working well but I have to get used to the hose in front. First night I had too much hose in front of me and felt like I was drowning in hose rolling over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got a note to myself to try the Wisp headgear with it when I get home in a couple of weeks.  I don't see any reason that it shouldn't work though - it worked fine with the N20 cushion and hose.  I'll post afterward.  The N30 cushion itself IS nice and comfortable.....there's just no way that it's stable for me with that itty bitty strap and that hose tugging on the front.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hose clip to keep the CPAP hose anchored to the bed, so the CPAP hose is not exerting any pressure or tugging on the short hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hose hanger too.  I find that any movement still dislodges the cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you clip the short hose to a shirt/pajama top? If you move the hose will have to move same direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I don't want the hose on my torso.  I sleep mostly on my side and want to move my arms and move around a bit.  A top of head connection works well.  Might work for someone who just sleeps on their back though I guess, but a top connection should work for most everyone.  I don't think it's a very good design - a lot of masks will work if you're on your back and don't move, but not everyone sleeps like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don’t understand all the groaning about the “flimsy strap” on the N30. It is essentially the same strap used on the P10 but has some adjustment. I used the P10 for about five years. I toss and turn A LOT and have never had leaks worth mentioning. The straps will eventually stretch but if you wash them regularly they are good for about six months which imo isn’t bad. Straps are eventually gonna stretch.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2020, 03:34 PM)cronkster Wrote: No, I don't want the hose on my torso.  I sleep mostly on my side and want to move my arms and move around a bit.  A top of head connection works well.  Might work for someone who just sleeps on their back though I guess, but a top connection should work for most everyone.  I don't think it's a very good design - a lot of masks will work if you're on your back and don't move, but not everyone sleeps like that.

I'm still using an N20. that has the hose connection on the front of the mask.

About 2 months ago I got my hose reel out again.  I use it because it supports the hose, and prevents it from dragging on the bed. That used to pull my mask off slightly, and caused leaks.

The hose reel really works well. I don't get my arms tied up in the hose unless I really try.

I use a heated hose on my ResMed S9. It's substantial. I'm glad the mask has a smaller hose on it and a conversion piece to fit the larger heated hose.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
It isn't 'groaning'.  The strap is flimsy and didn't work for me.  A heads-up to others helps them to avoid unnecessary expense.
If you want to tell us how well you're doing, that's fine, but you may generate some dissatisfied customers by doing so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,226 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 341 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.