Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
Securing the hose to the top of the headgear didn't cause a problem - it solved the problem of the hose tugging.
The problem that remains is that the cushion is so flexible that just a bit of flexure of the plastic FX sidearms from the pressing of my cheek will move the cushion to one side or the other enough to uncover some of the nasal hole and cause a leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,
I recently was diagnosed as having acute sleep apnea, so a short time ago I was prescribed a cpap machine with a humidifier added onto it. It's a Philips Respironics Dreamstation w/CPAP Humidifier Heated. I also picked out a Resmed N30 CPAP Headgear, I would have to agree with the comment's of some other user's here in the forum's as far as the strap that hold the nasal cushion assembly in place, it's pretty flimsy in my opinion and tends to slip around on my head as I'm trying to sleep. Also at least for me the piece of flexible hose that connects the headgear to the cpap supply hose is way too short in my opinion, I start out sleeping on my back but thru the night I switch to either side..I always have, but when I do so buy the headgear hose being the length that it is I've found myself getting woke up because I rollover onto the larger more stiff cpap supply hose. I've tried to come up with a way to make an extension of the smaller..more flexible..softer hose but so far I haven't been able to come up with anything. Also, since I'm a tech savvy kind of guy, I came across the technical service manual for my cpap machine, so I can get into the supplier settings menu if I need to. There is one setting in the service menu under the 'comfort' heading that labeled as 'mask type' that allows you to select the appropriate mask type resistance setting (also known as system one resistance control) it allows the device to adjust the level of pressure compensation to match your chosen mask. So far I haven't been able to find out actually what type the N30 is. I'm trying to stay positive that by using my cpap machine my breathing will improve. Lately I've been having a rough time being able to breathe normally, I seem to have most of the symptom's of pulmonary hypertension by my pulmonologist so far doesn't seem to think I do, I've been doing a lot of research lately about breathing issue's, and I've read that there's only one way to determine for sure if a person p.h., and that is to have a right heart catheterization procedure performed, and so far he doesn't think it's needed. If I do minimal physical activity, I have trouble breathing in enough air, and also it seems that causes me to have panic attacks.But I'm not a quitter and I desire to live as long as God wants me to. Sorry for the long post, but while I've got these thought's on my mind I thought I'd better write them down.
David
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have the n30 but what about wearing a soft cap on your head, this might stop the mask from moving around.
Post Reply Post Reply
yankees123,
Thanks for your reply, that's an interesting idea but I'm not really having that much of an issue with my mask slipping around, it's just that I somehow need to figure out how to lengthen the hose that attaches to my mask that's too short.
David
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look around you can find a short tube that will attach to the n30 short tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the same machine as you for 4 or 5 years, and have tried lots of masks.  I advise you to save yourself a lot of trouble and use a different mask.    Try the dreamwear mask (it lists the machine setting to use with it) with an extra dreamwear strap below the standard one, and hang the main hose from a hanger on your bed headboard.  Let me know how this works (or doesn't) and I can give you more suggestions if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2020, 08:33 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: You can buy another generic short flexible hose to attach to the N30 short hose and then attach that to the CPAP hose.

Hi,
I just recently started using my cpap machine, I chose the Resmed N30 that's being discussed here, so far my single biggest concern is how short the hose is that connects to my mask. I start out sleeping on my back, but through the night I find myself turning from side to side, due to the length of the mask hose being so short, I've found myself being woke up when I turn to a side and then turn back to the opposite side only to find the side of my face trying to rest atop the larger..stiffer..feeder hose. If I can find a way to somehow lengthen the short hose that would be great !
Thanks,
David  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cronkster,
I'm so glad to get your reply, I'm liking this message board more and more. I'm sure I'd probably have to get a rx for a different mask, I'm currently utilizing my local location of the caremed company. I have seen though that individuals can purchase cpap item's elsewhere. Using caremed as my supplier, if I meet the requirements set forth, medicare is supposed to help me with the cost of my equipment. 
David
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes.  I could get masks through my Kaiser medicare plan too, but it's such a hassle that I just buy them myself on the internet.
I know this can get to be a waste of money, but going to a know-nothing medical tech is a giant waste of time as well. And the sooner you get a decent mask the better.
MANY masks are no good - they may be designed for Martians or residents of Jupiter but for sleeping humans they're useless.  It's a gimmick so that everyone will have to buy several masks to find one that works.  
You'll never get the N30 to work - it's too flimsy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2020, 06:40 PM)cronkster Wrote: Yes.  I could get masks through my Kaiser medicare plan too, but it's such a hassle that I just buy them myself on the internet.
I know this can get to be a waste of money, but going to a know-nothing medical tech is a giant waste of time as well. And the sooner you get a decent mask the better.
MANY masks are no good - they may be designed for Martians or residents of Jupiter but for sleeping humans they're useless.  It's a gimmick so that everyone will have to buy several masks to find one that works.  
You'll never get the N30 to work - it's too flimsy.

Hi cronkster,
Of course I might have created my own problem and didn't know I did, I did a home sleep study and the next day when I returned the study kit for evaluation, I was taken to a display area to look at all of the mask assemblies. I told the trained person that was helping me that I wasn't used to having anything on my face while sleeping, and I'd like something comfortable that didn't cover my entire face. There were more choices than just the resmed n30, he did say though that one seems to be a popular choice. So that's the main reason I chose it, of course since I'd never had to use a cpap machine before, I really didn't know what I was looking at.
David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,226 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 341 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.