Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
I understand perfectly, and you didn't do anything dumb.
Try the dreamwear instead, with the extra strap, and then report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Davy, when you look at the Dreamwear, also take a look at the resmed N20, the DreamWisp, and the Wisp.
Post Reply Post Reply
DavyP49, 
 when you look at the Dreamwear, also take a look at the resmed N20, the DreamWisp, and the Wisp.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2020, 07:32 PM)cronkster Wrote: I understand perfectly, and you didn't do anything dumb.
Try the dreamwear instead, with the extra strap, and then report back.

cronkster,
I appreciate your suggestion, but since I'm wanting medicare to help me to pay for my equipment, I would have to purchase on my own. And as you know, depending where you purchase cpap equipment can make a big difference.
David
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, I get that.  
Before you go back to your provider, I suggest you go online and look at videos of the masks I told you about.  Then you'll be much better prepared to choose one.  You can even print out cushion size charts beforehand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cronkster,
I guess it won't hurt anything to checkout the other mask's that you mentioned, it's not like I'll be forced to buy one..thanks again for your feedback. Like I've mentioned to my wife, I just wish that I had taken a sleep study way before I did.
David
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the N30 for the past 10 days.  I really like the light weight and the comfort is great.  I have to tape my mouth but I am sleeping a lot better and my AHI is usually under 1.  If there are people who are using the P10 and want a mask to rotate with I would strongly recommend the N30.  BTW you can take the strap from the n30 and it will work perfectly on the p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using one of these for about 2-3 years now. It's very comfortable and for me at least actually works pretty well, which is good since it's the only thing I'm able to tolerate for any real length of time. Nasal pillows just irritate my nostrils too much, and classic nasal masks somehow force my sinuses to clog up with their pressure on my face just under the corners of my nostrils no matter how loose I wear them.

The downsides: It is prone to wiggling its way out of position, the design of the headgear seems to like to catch on the pillow and slowly "walk" around my head. More importantly though it's defective by design. Resmed clearly built the n30 so the headgear would go slack and eventually fall apart very quickly, and the diffuser vent has non-removable fiber pads that can't be properly cleaned or replaced. They wind up filling up with dirt and probably also mold even if you attempt to clean and sterilize them, and as that happens the mask winds up making an inconsistent high pitched whistle that's impossible to sleep with.

I don't have a solution to the fiber pads yet but I do have an N20 and a line on some swift-FX headgear, I'm going to try modding the straps for better security.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,223 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.