Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie looking for a clue
RE: Newbie looking for a clue
I updated info - didn't realize it was not updated. And yes I have been overtightening it in order to control leakage. I may try to loosen up a bit for comfort and see what happens. Thanks,!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All - it's been awhile since I've posted. Things have been progressing pretty well. I met with sleep doc who said my numbers look good and just keep doing what I'm doing. I am still having multiple wakeups and am going to be doing an inlab sleep study as he thinks I may have REM sleep behavior disorder. I've attached a few recent nights - not sure if I should try to raise pressure maybe? The OSAs seemed to be under control but last night they increased. Just wondering if anyone has any input/suggestions. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It'll be interesting to see what the new study shows. I'm glad you have a doctor who cares enough to pursue the question why you keep waking up.

In your place, I wouldn't make a change in the settings based one one night with a few more obstructive events. (You were also seeing more flow limitations.) Keep an eye on things and let us know if this turns out to be the beginning of a trend.

How are things going with your mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I seem to have adjusted to a tighter fit with the mask - I still have the occasional issue with leaks but they have been rare.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been a while since I posted. I have been doing well overall. Just curious if anyone might have some insights. I know drinking effects sleep but these two screenshots show just how much. The one with all the CAs was sober. The other one(.41 AHI) is after a night of moderate drinking. The OAs have improved dramatically but the CAs are very inconsistent - many times in the 2-3 AHI. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear you're doing well!  Is the drink/no drink correlation with CAs a one-off or something you can observe repeatedly.  In general CAs are consistently inconsistent, so the inconsistency by itself is unremarkable.

I haven't reviewed the thread, so apologies if this repeats something earlier.  CAs can follow an arousal, which may or may not be a full wake-up.  You breathe a little more deeply during the arousal, wash out some CO2 that way, and then don't have a drive to breathe until some more CO2 accumulates in your bloodstream. 

If that is what's going on, the arousal may be more of a sleep problem than the CA.  I'm attaching an example of the pattern I'm talking about, and if you zoom in on some of your centrals, you can see whether that's what is going on.

Post Reply Post Reply
The CAs do seem to be severely reduced when drinking. Not sure if this is at all related but there is some question as to whether I might have REM sleep behavior disorder. I still have to do inlab study but haven't been able to do to date. Thanks for feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mike, does reducing your epr to 2 have any effect on the CA’s, do remember CA’s are consistently inconsistent
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.