Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Nasal Pillow AirFit P10
Resmed Nasal Pillow AirFit P10
I'm a military veteran and recently received my replacement nasal pillow and this new pillow fit straps are irritating my cheek area with small reddish 'bumps'.  Has anyone using this type nasal pillow had any similiar problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Nasal Pillow AirFit P10
I just recently switched to the P10. I get the red bumps around my nostrils after about 3 nights of use, presumably from irritation. Yours may be irritation from the strap rubbing on your face. Or, possibly, an allergic reaction to something the strap is made of.

I'm hoping the irritation will go away eventually, but for now my only cure is to switch back to my FFM for a few nights until the irritation goes away. You may be able to try some sort of "strap cover" to put over the elastic part that touches your face.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed there are strap covers available on line. Some folks who get irritated in the nares by pillows masks have successfully used nasal gel Ayr.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick response to my post.  I will wrap the strap with cloth and see if that helps.  I'm also seeing my VA doc today and I will get his opinion and post his response.
Post Reply Post Reply
To state the obvious,
Have you given the straps a good wash using soap/whatever that you know you do not react to?
could be residual chemicals from manufacturing that is the issue.

I get this with some brands of shirts that are ok once washed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,043 4 minutes ago
Last Post: Domino96
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,859 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.