Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is the newest premium machine?
What is the newest premium machine?
I have been using CPAP for over ten years. My present machine is AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Insurance is ready to buy me another CPAP machine. My present Machine is working fine, but wondering if there is something newer, better, more bells and whistles? When I got the "10 Autoset" it seemed to be the latest. If it still is, I don't need to replace it.

Just got a sleep test a week ago and am going in to meet with sleep doctor in a few days. 

Sleepy Bill in Atlanta
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is the newest premium machine?
Do you have a backup machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepy Bill,
It’s looks like you are already using the latest APAP machine.   How many hours are on your AirSense 10?  You never know when a machine may start to go bad, so it’s a good idea to let your insurance purchase you a new machine and keep your current as a backup.

Another thing to keep in mind is if your sleep study showed an increase in apnea events or a need to move on to a different type machine like an AirCurve 10 VAuto which is a BiLevel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i do have a backup machine A9

Opal Rose. I will check the hours on my current A10. What should I be looking for in that it might be reaching its end of useful life?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Machines can last a long time, but I believe the average is 12,000 to 15,000 hours.  The replacement schedule that most Insurance/Medicare follow is a five year replacement.  Some insurance companies are stinkers and won’t replace a machine without you doing battle and jumping through hoops...so if your insurance is willing to replace, then I would go that route.

You do have a backup and a current machine that works, so that’s up to you if you want to replace it now or wait for a newer machine release.

My machine has over 14,000 hours on it at about 4 1/2 years, so I will try for a replacement by year end, and keep it as a backup. And there’s certainly nothing wrong with having a backup for a backup.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the Model No. of your Autoset? Mine is an early one, a 37028, but there are 37031 and 37032 which are still called Autoset, and have some additional features like RERA reporting. (Respiratory Event Relate Arousal).
My serial number starts off 221416... so it was made in the 16th week of 2014 - a very early one, I think
the 37031 dataset's serail number starts off 231513..., so it's about a year newer

I don't have any data from newer Autoset machines.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
An update would be switching to VAuto, I don't know if you qualify for a bipap though. VAuto vs S10 Auto is like switching from an old BMW to a limo Mercedes, when it comes to therapy comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope to qualify for a BIPAP from my sleep doctor. Meeting with her in two days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2019, 09:25 AM)crowtor Wrote: An update would be switching to VAuto, I don't know if you qualify for a bipap though. VAuto vs S10 Auto is like switching from an old BMW to a limo Mercedes, when it comes to therapy comfort.

I disagree. Having had all the machines myself and currently have the Autoset and the for her model too along with a Vauto, I find that the Vauto offers no comfort better than the autoset. In fact, the Vauto seems louder to me, albeit, not much. As you can see, my pressure settings are 11-15 with no pressure support. This is the same as 11-15 with no EPR. There are some fine tuning settings within the Vauto that MIGHT contribute to comfort, Ti min/max, etc., but such settings are not intended for comfort. So, I use a Vauto, but, I do not need this machine whatsoever. An Autoset would be perfectly capable of treating my apnea and in a couple of years I will replace my Vauto with an Autoset. 

If a patient needs the bilevel mode, PS greater than 3, he/she needs a Vauto. I would not recommend going after a prescription for bilevel treatment unnecessarily. Otherwise, an Autoset is a very capable and very nice machine. Very nice.

On the same note, a Vauto is (full retail) a $1700 machine and the Autoset is $900. For me, I would go with the Autoset because that's all I need and it does work perfectly for treating my OSA.

To undercut sounding hypocritical, if you merely would like to experiment, I encourage experimentation without compromising therapeutic value. I've done that and it was fun and mostly with no major conclusions. Just be careful.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,789 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Professional Manual For Newest Dream Station birdieman 3 757 09-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  newest software for a10 autoset sleepybeaver 5 3,200 05-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Riven
  OSA and CSA. Which of the newest machines is best Eurika 10 4,368 12-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Eurika

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.