Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed P10 leak
Resmed P10 leak
Hi guys. I just got a new resmed p10 mask yesterday. I hadn’t put the mask tighter or anything because it initially seemed fine to me. 
Last night though, what I noticed is the side of my face that ridges the pillow. Every time that nostril would crush into the pillow the mask would leak. Any tips for this?
The mask could me made tighter, but I don’t suspect that would work seeing as its the seal in my nose being crushed and leaking?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed P10 leak
(05-14-2022, 06:35 AM)rogerncormier74 Wrote: << above >>

Indeed, the P10's greatest feature (small and lightweight) is also its greatest weekness - minimal face contact and support.  I'm also a P10 user that knows that it doesn't take much to move the pillows away from making a complete connection.  I'm now thinking of going to a nasal mask with slightly more contact support.  

I assume that you have already selected the most optimal pillow size amongst the 3 sizes.  Maybe acquiring a CPAP pillow would help in securing head position?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2022, 02:55 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Indeed, the P10's greatest feature (small and lightweight) is also its greatest weekness - minimal face contact and support.  I'm also a P10 user that knows that it doesn't take much to move the pillows away from making a complete connection.  I'm now thinking of going to a nasal mask with slightly more contact support.  

I assume that you have already selected the most optimal pillow size amongst the 3 sizes.  Maybe acquiring a CPAP pillow would help in securing head position?

I am using the medium pillow that was already in it when I bought it yesterday.  I was using the P10 previously and medium was fine.  But I only recently started using my CPAP again.  I had stopped for a couple years and I was using a P10 that was pretty new when I got it before I stopped.  Those P10s did not have the new adjustable straps like the ones do now.  I decided to buy a new P10 yesterday as the mask I had started leaking pretty consistently and figured it was time to change it anyways.
Before that though the mask would not leak very often.
I was just surprised it leaked as much as it did the first night with the new mask. I could try the next cushion up.  I figured I wouldn't need to since I was a medium on their old masks.
I could also use a CPAP pillow, although the pillows are usually hard enough that it ends up hurting me somehow, but I do have one at home I could try.
I seemed OK without the CPAP pillow before though, so was hoping to avoid it again this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the velcro attached strap from the Dreamwear.  I used to use a Dreamwear for quite a long while. I finally swithched because I used to wake up to see if the Dreamwear was leaking.

So my P10 has two straps on--the ResMed one, and the Respironics Dreamwear one that drops down so it's lower on the back of my head.

Does it work? On good nights. On bad nights it's terrible.

I have a cut on the top of my nose from the N20 elbow attachment. I wanted to wear the P10 to let my nose heal.  Well it hasn't yet.  I have also tried a LARGE insert in the N20. I had to buy a LARGE N20 to get the insert.   Bah. Humbug....

That was expensive.

Now a more expensive trial.  I'm thinking of buying a F&P Evora Full I think it costs $90 Canadian here....I need a prescription to get one. So two providers are selling to me. My DME supplier I buy masks and my S10 for her from, and this other firm that has sold me so many things they think I have an active prescription.

I'm reluctant to buy anything else from Respironics....think foam gate....

I hope this helps...the big A store sells the parts for the Dreamwear. And this was reviewed in the Mask Review here.

My story isn't important. However, I hope that my experience will help you solve your issues  (The P10 came. I was so happy.  Late at night I woke up....decided to try it.  I put it on but I was very sleepy and U didn't adjust the ResMed strap on the back of my head.....next morning my S10 reported my AHI was 43.  43!!!! Heck it was a cheap sleep study! Wink

edit 2:  "Dreamwear....Headgear with Arms" at A...... will lead you to the strap that fits lower on the back of your head. It fits easily on the P10.... I like it better than the Resmed strap on the P10
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2022, 09:34 PM)DaveL Wrote: I bought the velcro attached strap from the Dreamwear.  I used to use a Dreamwear for quite a long while. I finally swithched because I used to wake up to see if the Dreamwear was leaking.

So my P10 has two straps on--the ResMed one, and the Respironics Dreamwear one that drops down so it's lower on the back of my head.

Does it work? On good nights. On bad nights it's terrible.

I have a cut on the top of my nose from the N20 elbow attachment. I wanted to wear the P10 to let my nose heal.  Well it hasn't yet.  I have also tried a LARGE insert in the N20. I had to buy a LARGE N20 to get the insert.   Bah. Humbug....

That was expensive.

Now a more expensive trial.  I'm thinking of buying a F&P Evora Full I think it costs $90 Canadian here....I need a prescription to get one. So two providers are selling to me. My DME supplier I buy masks and my S10 for her from, and this other firm that has sold me so many things they think I have an active prescription.

I'm reluctant to buy anything else from Respironics....think foam gate....

I hope this helps...the big A store sells the parts for the Dreamwear. And this was reviewed in the Mask Review here.

My story isn't important. However, I hope that my experience will help you solve your issues  (The P10 came. I was so happy.  Late at night I woke up....decided to try it.  I put it on but I was very sleepy and U didn't adjust the ResMed strap on the back of my head.....next morning my S10 reported my AHI was 43.  43!!!! Heck it was a cheap sleep study! Wink

edit 2:  "Dreamwear....Headgear with Arms" at A...... will lead you to the strap that fits lower on the back of your head. It fits easily on the P10.... I like it better than the Resmed strap on the P10

Thanks. I may try that sometime. I do. have a dreamwear here also.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's so easy. It's the arms on the strap that make a difference.

I wouldn't bother with the second strap. It's a pain in the .... to remove the second strap. It's so easy putting the Respironics strap on th eResMed P10. I used a Dreamwear for over 2 years. I got a spot on my nostril that had to be surgically removed. No one said the mask started it...but I won't use a Dreamwear again.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the next larger nasal pillow size.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2022, 08:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try the next larger nasal pillow size.

I did try the large. Didn't even seem like that one would fit, lol.

I did adjust the straps yesterday and things went a little better last night. Not perfect, but a lot less leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my case, it helps if I put my head on the end of the bed pillow -- so that my ear and cheek are on the pillow and nose hangs off the end. That way, there is minimal "push" on the mask. A free experiment to try to see if it works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that the people who design and make masks should be required to wear their masks for 8 hours a night like we have to!
And this particularly goes for DME supplier staff who stand with straight faces, and recommend a new mask style for us.

And those DME suppliers should be required to take out their cash and pay the extremely high dispensed cost, while searching for better prices on line.

NO mask should require special instructions so we can wear it successfully. At least we're not gluing masks to our faces to use our machines....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 674 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.