Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S questions
Resmed S questions
Hi. I'm a new member. I hope someone can answer a few questions re the Resmed S9 programming. First what is the difference between the CPAP setting and the auto set setting?  This machine was set up by a tech originally with, I think a 7-14 range. Therefore, does that mean it should be in the auto set setting? And in that setting ramp up pressure is off. Should it be?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S questions
Welcome to the forum.

CPAP setting means constant pressure, typically somewhere between 4 and 20 cm H2O.
Auto/Autoset means the delivered pressure will vary depending on breathing events that occur. When events occur the pressure will be raised to attempt to prevent the event from occurring. The lack of these same events occurring will cause the delivered pressure to be lowered. The pressure will range somewhere between the set minimum and the set Maximum, the 7-14 that you mention.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
ramp is set so that pressure starts off easy and builds to the determined MIN. It is generally used to allow people to fall asleep before higher pressures kick in. some people are disturbed by an initial blast at the determined MIN. some people, like me, do not mind it at all (so ramp is off).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aburns0202,
You probably won't need to use ramp with a minimum pressure of 7cm, but it is a personal preference.

You can order the Clinicians manual for your machine here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Also, take some time to download #SleepyHead software. This will help you to have a better understanding of your therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx for your response. Any idea how to read and interpret the daily results?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2017, 01:04 PM)aburns0202 Wrote: Thx for your response. Any idea how to read and interpret the daily results?

Use SleepyHead
follow this link Using SleepyHead

post your daily charts and we will help you through them.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't  know how to get them and what items you want. Can you explain? THX
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./][/b]
SD Cards
To use SleepyHead to analyze your data you need an SD card in the xPAP and a computer capable of running SleepyHead. While many DMEs include an SD card when they set up an xPAP, some DMEs no longer include an SD card.
To determine whether your xPAP has an SD card, find the location of the SD slot in the user or clinical manual for your machine. If there is already a card in the slot, your machine is already recording data to the card. If there is no SD card in the slot, you need to purchase a standard SD card and insert it into the slot. Standard SD cards are found in many stores and they usually cost less than $10. A small capacity (1G, 2G, etc) card is sufficient.
Note: Some older xPAPs cannot use the newer, and more common SDHC and SDXC data cards. If your machine requires an SD card that is not an SDHC/SDXC, it will give you an error message when you insert the card. If you need to purchase a basic SD card, you may need to look on-line or at a store that specializes in camera equipment or electronics rather than a store like Walmart or Target.

Installing SleepyHead[edit]

Step 1. Download SleepyHead[edit][/size]
As of July 25, 2017, the most current version of SleepyHead is SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 on Windows and Macintosh machines. The most current version of SleepyHead for Ubuntu linux is SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-1.

You can download SleepyHead from the the following link: [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./[/url]
On the SleepyHead Download Page select the appropriate link for your computer. For most users, the installation should run smoothly by selecting the appropriate download link and following the instructions.

Step 2. Installing SleepyHead[edit]
As of July 25, 2017, the most current version of SleepyHead is SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 on Windows and Macintosh machines. The most current version of SleepyHead for Ubuntu linux is SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-1.
To download SleepyHead, go to the SleepyHead Download Page and select the appropriate link for your computer. For most users, the installation should run smoothly by selecting the appropriate download link and following the instructions.

For Windows: SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. Download the Windows install file, run it and follow the instructions. The install program will put a SleepyHead (sheep) icon on the Start Menu. If you want a short cut installed on the desktop or task bar, create those short cuts the same way you do for any other Windows program.

For Macintosh OS X: SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 runs on Macs running OS 10.7+. The downloaded file SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2.2-Snapshot-MacOSX-20160421.dmg should open up as a "Volume." Simply drag the SleepyHead icon to the Applications folder. Once the SleepyHead application has been copied to the Applications folder, it's useful to drag it to the Dock so that launching SleepyHead is easy.

For Linux: SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-1 has an automated installer for Unbuntu 15.04. Download the installer, run it and follow the instructions. There is no installer for any other version of Linux. However, experienced Linux users can download the source and compile it if they want to run SleepyHead on a Linux system other than Unbuntu 15.04. Source code for SleepyHead is found at JediMark's SleepyHead code page.

Running SleepyHead for the first time
Table of ContentsBack: 1. Installing SleepyHeadNext: 3. Basic SleepyHead Organization
First time users of SleepyHead are sometimes confused about what they have to do when they open up SleepyHead for the very first time.
Creating a Profile[edit]
When you first open up SleepyHead, you will be asked to create a profile. The process is pretty straight forward, but you do have to do it before you can use SleepyHead to download your data. The first page of the Profile builder looks like this:
[Image: Profile_zpsc00048a0.jpg]

Posting an Image in 5 Easy Steps or The Definitive Guide to Posting SleepyHead Data to the Apnea Board Forum Step 1 - Getting your Data in Order A. With SleepyHead running and sized to use all of your complete monitor’s screen, position and size your Daily graphs so the following parameters, in the order listed below, will fit your computer screen: 1. Event Flags 2. Flow Rate 3. Pressure 4. Leak 5. Snore 6. Flow Limit (Resmed ) B. Turn OFF the following items: 1. If using a Philips-Respironics machine, turn off the VS2 flag. (Toggle is in the lower-left drop-box). 2. Mask Pressure* (Toggle is in the lower-right drop-box) *(Unless requested by a forum member.) 3. Pie Chart (To uncheck this feature: File → Preferences → Appearance → Other Settings → Show event breakdown pie chart) Step 2 - Taking the Screenshot A. Press the key sequence; F11 - F12 – F11 (Explanation: The 1st F11 maximizes SleepyHead and removes the menubar and titlebar from the top. F12 executes the screenshot, and the 2nd F11 returns the screen back to normal.) B. Your stored image will be located in the SleepyHeadData (or SleepyHeadData-Testing) →Screenshots directory. The image name is constructed by year, month, day and hour, The image will have a “.png” extension. (Portable Network Graphics) Note: If your image is all black, you will need to use the SleepyHeadBrokenGL version for screenshots. It is located in the same directory as SleepyHead. Step 3 - Upload your Image to a Graphics Server (Imgur) Note: You can use Imgur without an account. A. In your Web browser, goto: http://imgur.com B. Near the upper left of the page will be a green button labeled, “New post”. Select it. A popup screen will display allowing you the options pasting a location of your image on your PC or use the Explorer function to locate it. C. Press the Browse button and a File Explorer will be displayed. D. Navigate to your SleepyHeadData → Screenshots folder and select your image. E. Either double-click the image or Press the Open button Your image will be uploaded and displayed in your webpage. Step 4 - Copy Image Location (2 methods) Method 1: On the right side of the screen, midway down, you will see a box with a button to its right, labeled “Copy”. Pressing this will record its listed url to your clipboard. Note: Imgur account holders will be provided additional options. Method 2: Place the mouse pointer on the image and right-click. Select Copy Image Location. Step 5 - Inserting your image in a post Using the Full Editor (WYSIWYG): Select the Insert an Image icon from the editor menubar. Paste in the link you just copied. Using the Quick Reply: Type the following image tags [img] [/img]. In between the tags insert your copied link. It should now resemble something like: [Image: EIEIO.png] Final request Please select the Preview Post prior to posting to validate your input. If it looks correct, select Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2017, 02:58 PM)aburns0202 Wrote: Hi. I'm a new member. I hope someone can answer a few questions re the Resmed S9 programming. First what is the difference between the CPAP setting and the auto set setting?  This machine was set up by a tech originally with, I think a 7-14 range. Therefore, does that mean it should be in the auto set setting? And in that setting ramp up pressure is off. Should it be?

Why don't we reset and try to answer your original question.
You have an S9. You titled the thread Resmed S Questions
Question: Does your machine say VPAP S near the start button?
If it does, then you have a fixed pressure BiPAP.
(Meaning, there is nothing automatic about it)

It operates with one pressure on inspiration called IPAP.
And, a lower pressure on exhalation called EPAP.
The difference between these two pressures (IPAP - EPAP) is called pressure support (PS).

If IPAP is set to 14; and EPAP is set to 7, the pressure support is 14 - 7 = 7 cm-water.

So, let's look at that start button and pin down exactly which machine you have.

Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine does have a SD card. Do I look at daily #'s and post to Sleepyhead manually.?

I have learned to switch from CPAP to auto set but I'm not sure which is giving me a better sleep.

I have hit the info button. Not sure how to get the #'s I'm looking for and what #s I'm looking for? Does Sleepyhead  explain what #'s I'm looking for?

Thank you. I'm not sleeping great and appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card questions. R Leslie Van Winkle 7 4,471 10-14-2023, 05:56 AM
Last Post: krsattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.