Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
(11-01-2015, 08:33 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 07:37 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Is that your AHI- 16.5?

My final pressure? How do I find my AHI?

Weird Tolkienish Figure
Go to top of this page, click on CPAP setup manuals, and request the clinicians manual for your machine. This will show your how to access the menus on the DreamStation, and make changes if needed.

In the meantime, I believe there is a "My Info Screen" that should give your your AHI number. If you can't find this on the display, then your provider did not enable it.

That is why you should order the Clinicians Manual by email.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 08:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 07:27 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Update: ended up going with the Respironics Dream Station, it came with a 5 year warranty. First night was good, was able to clock in over 5 hours with it on.

I awoke with at 16.5?

Weird Tolkienish Figure,
A five year warranty is great! Not heard that before.

Curious.....is 16.5 your pressure reading or your AHI????

I have an "auto" unit, I think it's my final pressure. I cannot find the AHI recording in "my info", just the 90% info. I will have to look into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the manual:

Quote:AHI AHI This screen displays the nightly Apnea/Hypopnea indices (AHI) value for the most
recent 1 day time frame. It also displays the average of these individual nightly
AHI values over a 7 day and a 30 day time frame. This screen only displays if your
home care provider has enabled it. Only available on CPAP Pro and Auto CPAP
devices.

I have the Auto CPAP model, confirmed in the software itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 09:18 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: I have an "auto" unit, I think it's my final pressure. I cannot find the AHI recording in "my info", just the 90% info. I will have to look into it.
You'll need to enable "Show AHI/Fit/PB" from the clinical menu
DreamStation setup instructions http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions
Post Reply Post Reply
The pr system one 560 auto has opti start, auto trial, cpap ck, auto on , auto off, aflex, cflex, and cflex plus.
Doesnt have blutooth though which i think Dream Station does.
Not sure what one would do with blue tooth in a pap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DreamStation should have everything the PR 560 Auto machines have plus. Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 07:27 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Update: ended up going with the Respironics Dream Station, it came with a 5 year warranty.

My DreamStation manual states a manufacturers 2 year warranty??? How did you get a 5 year warranty? I know that Respironics was offering a extended 5 warranty but was about $149 for that extra 3 years.
(11-02-2015, 01:14 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The pr system one 560 auto has opti start, auto trial, cpap ck, auto on , auto off, aflex, cflex, and cflex plus.
Doesnt have blutooth though which i think Dream Station does.
Not sure what one would do with blue tooth in a pap machine.
The Bluetooth function allows your Dream Station to pair up with your mobile device - phone, tablet, etc., but only one at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also the newer system one auto 560 machine comes with blue tooth as well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2015, 01:51 PM)esrepairman Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 07:27 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Update: ended up going with the Respironics Dream Station, it came with a 5 year warranty.

My DreamStation manual states a manufacturers 2 year warranty??? How did you get a 5 year warranty? I know that Respironics was offering a extended 5 warranty but was about $149 for that extra 3 years.
ResMed in Australia offer 2 years warranty on machines and additional 1 year if you join their club
You can also purchase additional 2 years warranty, 5 years in total
Post Reply Post Reply
3rd night, I tolerate the machine better each night.

However, every morning I am finding that I wake up with the thing blowing air into my eyes. Does this mean it's not working? What do I need to do to stop this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,774 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.