Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
(11-03-2015, 07:16 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: 3rd night, I tolerate the machine better each night.

However, every morning I am finding that I wake up with the thing blowing air into my eyes. Does this mean it's not working? What do I need to do to stop this?

Well, according to your profile, you're not using a mask... Smile

I'm guessing you are using a nasal mask, or possibly a full face mask.

I had the same problem using a ResMed AirFit N10 nasel mask; air was blowing through the dents in the side of my nose caused by wearing glasses for many decades. A narrow nose would also do this. The N10 doesn't have much in the way of side seals. I switched to a Respironics Wisp mask, which has the double layer seal up the sides, and that problem went away. It generally fits better, and still takes some fiddling to adjust properly.

Sleep-well

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be helpful if you would fill out your profile!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Profile entered. Will get specific mask information tonight if I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doing better than I thought I would be doing for a light sleeper.

Problem: cheeks blurt out and mouth feel incredibly dry. Normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
WTF (i see what you did there) - the dry mouth is from opening it. both the puffer cheeks and mouth leaking can be handled if you can form the habit of placing your tongue behind your two front teeth on the roof of your mouth, then suck gently to form a light vacuum. If you can't get that going, you might try a chin strap
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 12:58 AM)DariaVader Wrote: WTF (i see what you did there) - the dry mouth is from opening it. both the puffer cheeks and mouth leaking can be handled if you can form the habit of placing your tongue behind your two front teeth on the roof of your mouth, then suck gently to form a light vacuum. If you can't get that going, you might try a chin strap

Will try this. My problem is that I'm jolted awake from the experience and instead of hitting "ramp" button, I take the machine off and drift to sleep without it.

Learn what you do and hit the ramp button?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2015, 01:14 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Not sure what one would do with blue tooth in a pap machine.

If you're lounging on the sofa with your laptop and want to look at your data, you don't have to get up to go get the SD card. And afterwards you don't have to remember to put the card back in the machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 08:28 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 12:58 AM)DariaVader Wrote: WTF (i see what you did there) - the dry mouth is from opening it. both the puffer cheeks and mouth leaking can be handled if you can form the habit of placing your tongue behind your two front teeth on the roof of your mouth, then suck gently to form a light vacuum. If you can't get that going, you might try a chin strap

Will try this. My problem is that I'm jolted awake from the experience and instead of hitting "ramp" button, I take the machine off and drift to sleep without it.

Learn what you do and hit the ramp button?

I don't use ramp - I have gotten to where my min pressure (currently back down to 8) is as low as i like to go. I too am jolted awake by mouth breathing when it happens - that made it easy to train myself not to do it. I struggle with my comfort with the machine sometimes, but I really can't sleep at all without it at this point. machine = get to breathe Smile Try not to remove the mask Big Grin (it will get easier)
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 11:53 PM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Doing better than I thought I would be doing for a light sleeper.

Problem: cheeks blurt out and mouth feel incredibly dry. Normal?

Welcome to the chipmunk cheeks tribe Grin.
I have tried at least 6 FFM and nothing works and I pay outright for all PAP therapy equipment so ouchy! I must have an "unusual" face Too-funny
I was developing a way to custom build masks but life got in the way so now I use a Wisp, chinstrap, and tape my mouth shut. Is PITA but better than constant sleep disruption.
Will get back to the custom mask process sometime in 2016.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a link the website for respironics, I think that as soon as I find out the serial number of my modem (by taking it out of the machine) then I will be able to find all my info online? That would be nice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 497 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,849 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,250 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,636 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,841 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.