Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
(11-06-2015, 11:44 AM)DariaVader Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 08:28 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 12:58 AM)DariaVader Wrote: WTF (i see what you did there) - the dry mouth is from opening it. both the puffer cheeks and mouth leaking can be handled if you can form the habit of placing your tongue behind your two front teeth on the roof of your mouth, then suck gently to form a light vacuum. If you can't get that going, you might try a chin strap

Will try this. My problem is that I'm jolted awake from the experience and instead of hitting "ramp" button, I take the machine off and drift to sleep without it.

Learn what you do and hit the ramp button?

I don't use ramp - I have gotten to where my min pressure (currently back down to 8) is as low as i like to go. I too am jolted awake by mouth breathing when it happens - that made it easy to train myself not to do it. I struggle with my comfort with the machine sometimes, but I really can't sleep at all without it at this point. machine = get to breathe Smile Try not to remove the mask Big Grin (it will get easier)

Tonight I was awoken, but I didn't remove the mask, went to the bathroom, laid down and put the mask on and fell back asleep. I've hit over 5 hours so far today and it's not even 3am so good news. Still wake with inflated cheeks and mask leaking. Waking up and hitting the ramp button is working well, I'm sleeping more and more with it, something I never thought I'd be able to do.

Next step is to get the AHI data so I can post that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been getting "cpap lung", sort of a sore heavy feeling in the chest. Had it last night after a nap and this morning too. No other symptoms really.

From what I read it's not uncommon?
Post Reply Post Reply
Had that happen after my titration. Assuming no recent medical issues, I would chalk that up to getting used to the machine/pressure. That will pass soon.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
People say its from unaccustomed use of the chest muscles as you breathe more deeply and lung capacity increaases. Did not happen to me, and that makes sense since I am an abdominal breather from way back. Used to practice deep breaths with 3 encyclopedias stacked on my stomach to get better capacity for swimming and flute playing Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Issue went away. Haven't gotten this since Monday morning.

Last two night I have slept without the mask inflating my cheeks. I have awoken disappointed that I had taken it off... only to find out that I still have the mask on. So so far, things are going well for me.

I have also updated my mask make and model.

Now to look into getting hard data from the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my data:

14 day average AHI: 4.1
usage: 4.36 hours average
mask fit: 99%

I hear that AHI under 5 is desirable... so ... good?

On the dreammapper website it doesn't say pressure, but on the device it says the average pressure is a hair under 16.

As far as I know sleepyhead isn't available for my machine.

My AHI on the 6th was 13, though? Wonder why?
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling bombed this morning, despite seemingly large amount of sleep yesterday and afternoon nap.

Woke up with a mask leaking heavily multiple times last night. I think this is my main issue at this time. I will have to tackle this problem. I think I had loosened it for comfort last night which was my mistake. Loosened mask can handle pressure of 5 but not 15, my prescribed pressure range.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 11:41 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Feeling bombed this morning, despite seemingly large amount of sleep yesterday and afternoon nap.

Woke up with a mask leaking heavily multiple times last night. I think this is my main issue at this time. I will have to tackle this problem. I think I had loosened it for comfort last night which was my mistake. Loosened mask can handle pressure of 5 but not 15, my prescribed pressure range.

Try Remzzs, it fixed 99% of my simplus leak issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 11:48 AM)mrkdilkington Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 11:41 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Feeling bombed this morning, despite seemingly large amount of sleep yesterday and afternoon nap.

Try Remzzs, it fixed 99% of my simplus leak issues.

Will definitely try this, had a nice long deep sleep last night and feel refreshed. I'm wondering if my mask is fitted right? I find that if I tighten too much, it abuts my chin with enough pressure to keep my mouth open all night, are chins supposed to go inside the mask? I wonder if I should have gotten the large size mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 07:42 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: I find that if I tighten too much, it abuts my chin with enough pressure to keep my mouth open all night, are chins supposed to go inside the mask?

My understanding of the Simplus is that the chin is not supposed to go inside the mask. I originally had the large and they switched me to the medium because my chin was going inside the mask. Fits much better now.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,397 17 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,957 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,851 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,148 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,577 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.