Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
(11-17-2015, 10:28 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 07:42 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: I find that if I tighten too much, it abuts my chin with enough pressure to keep my mouth open all night, are chins supposed to go inside the mask?

My understanding of the Simplus is that the chin is not supposed to go inside the mask. I originally had the large and they switched me to the medium because my chin was going inside the mask. Fits much better now.

Last night was better. Did not put my chin in the mask.

Good news is that the past 2 nights I'm up to nearing 6 hours wearing the mask, with much better sleep.

Bad news is that I have a new problem: water in the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear you are successfully increasing your nightly usage and are getting better sleep!! That's awesome. Perhaps reduce your humidification?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Condensation is solved by reducing any temperature drop between the machine and mask. This can be done two ways; lower humidifier temperatures, or use a heated hose or hose cover to retain heat in the tube. Your choice. It just takes some time to sort out all this fun stuff, but sounds like you're doing great.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2015, 09:04 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Condensation is solved by reducing any temperature drop between the machine and mask. This can be done two ways; lower humidifier temperatures, or use a heated hose or hose cover to retain heat in the tube. Your choice. It just takes some time to sort out all this fun stuff, but sounds like you're doing great.

This morning was the best I've felt on the therapy so far.

An odd thing, I've noticed by face feels flushed in the morning. Reading around on the net seems to indicate that it could be do to an allergy to the mask materiel, and more frequent washing will help.

I like my room to be ice cold so I guess the route to go will be to reduce the temperature of the mask. I will guess I will need the "clinician" modes to get in it to change stuff?
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier controls are not usually in the clinician menu, unless they are disabled there. The regular menu should allow you to set humidifier options. Just go to setup without entering the clinician menu and take a look.

You might want to consider the heated hose option. It is available through any of the suppliers listed in the link above. The full price is $75, and sometimes you can get a discount. It may be covered if your doctor will write the script, otherwise, no prescription necessary. A heated hose won't make air hot, it just maintains the temperature during delivery to the mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2015, 09:04 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Condensation is solved by reducing any temperature drop between the machine and mask. This can be done two ways; lower humidifier temperatures, or use a heated hose or hose cover to retain heat in the tube. Your choice. It just takes some time to sort out all this fun stuff, but sounds like you're doing great.

Last night was my best ever night, 7.5 hours straight.

Average pressure has lowered from just under 16 to 13 too?
Post Reply Post Reply
Banana

Good-work
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 10:14 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Last night was my best ever night, 7.5 hours straight.

That's great! Do you notice a difference in the way you feel?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 03:34 PM)cate1898 Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 10:14 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Last night was my best ever night, 7.5 hours straight.

That's great! Do you notice a difference in the way you feel?

absolutely, I have actually felt better since day 1 in general, with some bad moments in between.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checked my stats on dreammapper, my AHI is going up?

It's Now at an average of 7? Why is it so high?

On the 16th I was over 18 AHI?

Sad

My fitting is now at 100% so it's not leaking right?

Wish I had Sleepyhead!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,866 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,845 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.