Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
(11-21-2015, 08:01 PM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 07:28 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 07:16 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Nasal pillows expose the nasal passageway to a higher pressure that inflates them. It can make all the difference to a mouth-breather.

I was thoroughly convinced that I could never use a nasal mask, until I tried one.

I only suggest that WTF try one.

My DME says that my insurance will send me a new mask every 3 months. Since I started my therapy on Halloween, early February I will inquire about a nasal mask.

Something more to get used to, heh.

Don't be in a big hurry. I would only try it if you're comfortable with your therapy in general by then. Have your pressures dialed in, sleeping through the night, etc.

There's always time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 08:11 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 08:07 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 04:56 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote: Is that good or bad?

Actually that would be quite good!

I'm sorry I never had the pleasure. Is he still a member?

I haven't seen Retired_Guy on the board for some time. He is apparently busy with other things.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 04:56 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 12:55 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Eureka!!!! We found a new Retired_Guy!! Oh-jeez Big Grin

Is that good or bad?

now if you will just change the "nasal pillows" to "P10 nasal pillows" and say that "resistance is futile" our joy will be complete Bigwink

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
hmmm, I don't think there can be a replacement for retired_guy, but his "P10 Cult" is alive and kicking!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 06:09 PM)OpalRose Wrote: hmmm, I don't think there can be a replacement for retired_guy, but his "P10 Cult" is alive and kicking!

However....

Everybody's different - except RG - he's the same.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 06:09 PM)OpalRose Wrote: hmmm, I don't think there can be a replacement for retired_guy, but his "P10 Cult" is alive and kicking!

I do like my P10...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 07:07 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote:

I do like my P10...

P10 is the only one for me. I hated everything else.

Of course, I went that route because of comments initially made by, who else... retired_guy. I'm very grateful to him for his comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
My best nights sleeps seem to have the highest AHI events. Ah well, I think I will just ignore it. I slept good last night and feel great.

If my doctor complains let him find a solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2015, 07:54 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: My best nights sleeps seem to have the highest AHI events. Ah well, I think I will just ignore it. I slept good last night and feel great.

If my doctor complains let him find a solution.

In some sense, that is often the best attitude. The only reason we have CPAP machines is so we can sleep. And the only reason we sleep is so we can enjoy life while we're awake.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'm switching back to my trusty Aloha. Just seems a little more secure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 360 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,042 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,766 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.