Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
RE: Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station
Had a high (over 18) AHI night last night, but the most intense, vivid bizarre dream I can remember. Figured AHI would interrupt REM sleep.

Maybe something else is going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
This morning I melted a hole in my hose, had it too close to my space heater.

Doh! Sad

Hope they aren't too expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2015, 10:28 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: This morning I melted a hole in my hose, had it too close to my space heater.

Doh! Sad

If it isn't too big a hole, a good "shade tree" fix is to wrap it with electrical tape. Just start about an inch or two ahead of the hole and stop about the same distance after it. Also, keep the tape taught.
- I've got my Oak leaf diploma in this area. Thumbs-up-2
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Always good to have a standby. They are about $40, but that varies with where you go for replacement.

Not to be too obvious, but if your space heater was able to melt a hole in your hose, it is clearly in a hazardous location for possibly catching your bedding on fire. You should do something about that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Non-heated hoses are cheap online or on eBay.

Heated hoses are proprietary and much more expensive.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2015, 10:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Not to be too obvious, but if your space heater was able to melt a hole in your hose, it is clearly in a hazardous location for possibly catching your bedding on fire. You should do something about that.

This.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am seriously considering going into the clinicians settings and upping my min pressure to 6 or 7. Is this a bad idea?

My AHI seems to hover around 10 and from what I've read having a low minimum pressure can cause this? Also I get the smothering feeling when I first start the machine, which subsides.
Post Reply Post Reply
Weird Tolkienish Figure,
Since this thread seems to have gone in different directions, could I make a suggestion?

Start a new thread of your own, and give us some idea of what your current pressure setting is. Are you using auto mode? Also, need to know Medium and 90% pressure readings, and leak rate. What is the breakdown of your AHI?

Are you using the Encore Pro Software? If not, download it. Your AHI is too high.
You want to raise min. pressure to 6 or 7? What are you starting at now....4???
That's too low!

We can advise you if you give us some info to go on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2015, 07:17 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Weird Tolkienish Figure,
Since this thread seems to have gone in different directions, could I make a suggestion?

Start a new thread of your own, and give us some idea of what your current pressure setting is. Are you using auto mode? Also, need to know Medium and 90% pressure readings, and leak rate. What is the breakdown of your AHI?

Are you using the Encore Pro Software? If not, download it. Your AHI is too high.
You want to raise min. pressure to 6 or 7? What are you starting at now....4???
That's too low!

We can advise you if you give us some info to go on.

Not a problem, will compile all this information today.

My therapy starts at 5. Ramp setting was at 4, upped to 5 myself, without going into clinician's menu. I am using the auto setting. I believe I was prescribed pressure of 15, I will get the exact 90% data tonight or this week.

I will start a new thread, my idea was to keep my issues in one thread so as not to clutter the board. So I will finally retire this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2015, 10:28 AM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: This morning I melted a hole in my hose, had it too close to my space heater.

Doh! Sad

A melted hole is going to give you bad readings no "Doubt"- I like a higher ramp pressure to get close to opertating pressures.
At 4 cm/h2o I got the same feeling of a smothering sensation so I set ramp at 5min and ramp pressure 6cm/h2o with good results.(normal ceiling pressure I set at 8.2cm/h20 and getting good results.)
I was at the [commercial URL removed] and sounds like Jedimark needs information on the dreamstation to get Sleepyhead up and runningWink for the new product.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 23 442 14 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,614 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,803 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.