Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Autosense: Pause button?
RE: Resmed S10 Autosense: Pause button?
Excellent observation. Thank you.
sean
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2015, 07:55 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: - to turn it completely off you have to pull the plug.
or push start/stop button for few seconds to power down. I don't unplug or power down unless, removing the machine or my grandson come around to play with dials, he like the smiley faces but haven't find his way to the clinical menu yet Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Usage hours on AutoSense 10 is apparently from Noon the previous day
through Noon 24 hours later. My unit displayed previous days usage at
4:30PM (approximate usage from the night before). If I use the unit that
afternoon (before normal bedtime) will the hours used be correctly added
to additional hours that night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2015, 04:19 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 07:55 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: - to turn it completely off you have to pull the plug.
or push start/stop button for few seconds to power down. I don't unplug or power down unless, removing the machine or my grandson come around to play with dials, he like the smiley faces but haven't find his way to the clinical menu yet Smile

I never trust a machine to really shut itself down if it has a computer or complicated chip in it. Shut it down with the button and THEN pull the plug for at least a minute. Current can still flow if you just push the off button. It can't if it's disconnected from the power source.

With computers that are connected to a network via CAT cable you have to pull that cable to be sure, since CAT cables supply voltage and to properly reset all the chips you have to remove ALL power until the capacitors drain down to ground.

I have seen this last step bring apparently dead computers back to life on quite a few occasions when I was on support desk.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 11:55 PM)4chocolate Wrote: My unit displayed previous days usage at
4:30PM (approximate usage from the night before). If I use the unit that
afternoon (before normal bedtime) will the hours used be correctly added
to additional hours that night?
Yes ... I just had an hour nap, this hour will added to tonight hours, next new CPAP day start tomorrow at noon

Welcome to Apnea Board, 4chocolate
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use the auto-stop, auto-start features. Take the pillows off and the machine stops in maybe 10 seconds. Put the pillows back in and the machine starts back up. I have the fastest possible ramp so I'm at full pressure fairly quickly. After 18 months, my nightly results are so constant that I rarely look at the display. I haven't been to the web site to see that "score" or popped my SD card in months.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2016, 08:28 PM)GeoffD Wrote: I just use the auto-stop, auto-start features. Take the pillows off and the machine stops in maybe 10 seconds. Put the pillows back in and the machine starts back up. I have the fastest possible ramp so I'm at full pressure fairly quickly. After 18 months, my nightly results are so constant that I rarely look at the display. I haven't been to the web site to see that "score" or popped my SD card in months.

Yep same here just pop the hose off , take care of business and pop the hose on, after a year of excellent results I don't worry about taking the hose off once and awhile.
The auto off is kind of like set it and forget it, I use no ramp anymore so my pressure is there asap and I'm back to wonderland before you know it.
Don't sweat the small stuff, just enjoy a good nights sleep!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: "REPLY with Quote" button - Don't use it if you don't have to SuperSleeper 3 13,147 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 579 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 466 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  AirSense 11 Power Button Pamelala 7 3,306 01-30-2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Mugsy
  [Equipment] Old machine Button not on new machine ela1301 2 674 08-15-2022, 04:25 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,272 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.