Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Autosense: Pause button?
Resmed S10 Autosense: Pause button?
I have to go to the bathroom several times a night but do not want to shut off the CPAP, so that I can obtain readings for my entire sleep. Is there any way I can do this? I have tried removing the mask and going (I get mask leak numbers), I have tried shutting the machine off ( readings only cover the last few hours of sleep.
Help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 Autosense: Pause button?
(11-09-2015, 09:36 PM)seanconnery Wrote: I have to go to the bathroom several times a night but do not want to shut off the CPAP, so that I can obtain readings for my entire sleep. Is there any way I can do this? I have tried removing the mask and going (I get mask leak numbers), I have tried shutting the machine off ( readings only cover the last few hours of sleep.
Help.

I haven't found one in nearly a year of using it. Actually I prefer it that way since these events do affect the quality of treatment. I too get up at least once, often twice, and sometimes three or four times to urinate. Since my AHI's are typically below 1 and often 0 its the main problem I have with the treatment and I want to keep track of it, not cover it up.

The MyAir site scores these as Mask on Mask off events and deducts a few points for them. No big deal although it would be nice to score 100% just for bragging rights. The best I've done is 99%. I notice a real difference on nights when I get four or more hours in a single stretch.

Of course SleepyHead tells me a lot more.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi seanconnery,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board, seanconnery
There is no pause button, advisable to turn the machine off. It doesn't matter how many times turn off the machine during the night, it'll always shows the data from noon to the last time turned off during the night or in the morning (until noon the following day). If you take an afternoon nap, will start a new day recording otherwise until you go to bed at night

If you don't see AHI and other data on the machine screen sleep report, go to the clinical menu and set "Essentials" to 'Plus'. From the screen sleep report menu, scroll down to "period" and set to 1 day (default 1 month)

AirSense 10 setup and how to get the clinical manual for your CPAP machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum seanconnery!! You will find friendly, helpful people here. Good luck with your therapy!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I hit the stop button milliseconds after removing the pillows. The machine picks up the recording from when I put the pillows back on. That way there is no recording of leaks or false apneas while im in the WC. Not sure why your machine is not covering all your sleep. What hours are you sleeping? The machine's day is noon to noon.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Another great suggestion! Thank you. This is my third day using the Resmed. Great machine. Will check into the settings. Again my thanks.
Sean
Post Reply Post Reply
When I started with CPAP 7 years ago I was getting up to go to the bathroom 3 times a night. Once on CPAP that stopped. For me, it seemed I was waking up and just assumed it was to go pee. So, in my mind you don't want to cover up that information - it could be a sign of more, unresolved sleep issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2015, 09:36 PM)seanconnery Wrote: I have to go to the bathroom several times a night but do not want to shut off the CPAP, so that I can obtain readings for my entire sleep. Is there any way I can do this? I have tried removing the mask and going (I get mask leak numbers), I have tried shutting the machine off ( readings only cover the last few hours of sleep.
Help.

I have my machine set on Smart Start, and when I need to get up in the night I press the on/off button once to set it in standby mode, then I disconnect my mask from the hose without breathing in (or it will re-start). When I come back, I plug it back in and take a breath for the machine to re-start. When I look at my numbers in SleepyHead I see the entire night, it may be split into to sections but all the data is available to me. This may not be at all helpful to you but all the data will be available to you in SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the A10 autoset, pressing the "off" button doesn't actually turn the machine off. It's really just put into standby mode - to turn it completely off you have to pull the plug. So the off button is really the pause button you want, I think. You want some way for it to stop recording the "gaps" when you press "stop" and go to the facilities, but I think that this is data that is just as important for assessing your therapy as any of the other things the machine records. And it's information that might be important to your physician as well.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: "REPLY with Quote" button - Don't use it if you don't have to SuperSleeper 3 13,148 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 579 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 466 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  AirSense 11 Power Button Pamelala 7 3,307 01-30-2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Mugsy
  [Equipment] Old machine Button not on new machine ela1301 2 674 08-15-2022, 04:25 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,273 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.