Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Autoset Start/Stop Not Working
Resmed S10 Autoset Start/Stop Not Working
I own Resmed S10 Autoset w/Humidifier. This is my 2nd CPAP device

The start/stop button on top of cpap goes deep down on long press and it doesn't make any sound like " TICK ". is it normal or its a defective device ?

There is a feature called "SmartStart", when nasal pillow mask is fitted on my face then it automatically detects and starts...and when I remove mask it automatically shuts down

I confirm that machine works perfectly

Problem is with Start and Stop button. Start and Stop button on top of cpap device isn't working. Any clue

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 Autoset Start/Stop Not Working
Welcome

That's not normal. Sounds like a broken switch. Mine doesn't press that far in. If it is new, it should be covered under warranty.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi spicydesi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It soulds to me like your switch might be defective. You should take it back to the place you got it from.
Hang in there for more ideas.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and with getting your machine problems straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That is definitely not normal. The start/stop switch should work with minimal effort and not go deep into the machine. Demand a new machine or repair.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the same problem. first time started within about a month of use of my new S10. so I sent it in to [link removed] Supplier #1 for repair--a big pain, as I have to pay for shipping and insurance, and they will not supply a loaner, except for an exorbatant fee. Back to using my S9. The said that it would take up to 4 weeks to assess and repair.

Well, they gave me a new unit. This one has lasted 2-3 months, and the same thing happened again. No injury, drop, fall or other problem. Worked one day, didn't the next. Yes, the SmartStart works, and I am getting by, but I need to send in for warranty repair. I urge all with this problem still under warranty to get it fixed, as i suspect the problem is far more widespread than has been reported.

the expense of shipping the unit with insurance is substantial, and i have seen no sympathy or financial reimbursement from [link removed] or from ResMed. For a $1000 machine, this is pretty unacceptible. I am a physician, and I work with DME & medical supplies all the time. This is not a common response. Usually, the providers and manufacturers are bending over backwards to make things right.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine just suddenly stopped working........
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 474 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.