Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 Pressure Settings
Resmed S10 Pressure Settings
I just got a Resmed S10 cpap which was set to 10-18, however the minimum of 10 is too low for me. I wake up snoring continuously. How do I set the minimum to 14. I did not find setup for the S10 here.

Thanks,
Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 Pressure Settings
First, if you are just starting out using a CPAP, leave it alone. Get used to it first.

If you are waking up snoring, that does not mean the 10 is too low. It could be the 18 is too low. Are you looking at the data to see what the pressure is doing as you sleep? What is your AHI? What is your 95% pressure? There's a lot that goes into this.

You can get the clinician manual for the A10. Go here and scroll down to Section 3.

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Doug,

It's probably not the min pressure of 10 that's bothering you Doug. I don't think you should raise your min to 14 until you know what therapy is actually doing. That means download either the Rescan software, or the Sleepyhead software and look at your results. (For Sleepyhead, you want the latest "test" version in order to support the A10)

Things to look for is leak numbers, average pressure, and of course what events you are experiencing.

Your issue could also be with the ramp feature. Sometimes that's set to 45 minutes which is way too long. That would result in lower than desired pressures which could be waking you up.

But I really suspect what you'll find is you are mouth breathing too much. The answer for that is a chinstrap.

Post Reply Post Reply
R_G is on to something... Hard to snore with the mouth closed.
So, if your mouth is open with a nasal mask, your therapy pressure is just blowing out your mouth.
You need to fix that first. Chin strap or a full face mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 02:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: R_G is on to something... Hard to snore with the mouth closed.
So, if your mouth is open with a nasal mask, your therapy pressure is just blowing out your mouth.
You need to fix that first. Chin strap or a full face mask.

I snore with my mouth closed. Always have. A lot of people do. So it is not an automatic given.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2014, 02:03 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I snore with my mouth closed. Always have. A lot of people do. So it is not an automatic given.
Really?
[Image: useless.gif]

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha. Not happening. Nice try though.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dougwx,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a chinstrap to see if that will help keep your mouth closed so you can get your leaks under control.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,549 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 314 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 361 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 400 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.