Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 connectivity
Resmed S10 connectivity
I've happily been using my new S10 for almost a week now, and I could hardly imagine a more suitable machine! I have enabled Essentials Plus, so I'm getting the higher level of data (including the nightly AutoSet pressure history) and I have connected to MyAir online so I can see individual and cumulative therapy records on my PC or smartphone. But the additional data from Essentials Plus doesn't make the trip from my S10 to MyAir.

I have read about Sleepyhead software, and I like the representation of more data, as well as the logs and graphs, but to make use of Sleepyhead, one has to transport the Sd card back and forth between the CPAP and PC.

I'm interested in developing connectivity between my S10 and my PC, so I can leave the SD card alone, and still enjoy the benefits of Sleepyhead software. I've read that there is some potential for connectivity with the use of a WiFi SD card and I have ordered one, though I am unclear how to effect connectivity when it arrives, and I've read that it may be necessary to reset the connection once established by removing and replacing the SD card every morning. Still pretty clunky...

But the S10s have modems (at least in my case, a CDMA modem.) The modem is the vehicle by which my S10 communicates with the MyAir website online, and is the vehicle by which my clinician can communicate with my S10 from the computer in her office.

So, my dear Watson, shouldn't there be a way for me to develop connectivity from my S10 to my PC via the modem?? If so, how? Maybe a phone number the PC dials? At worst, maybe a bootleg copy of my clinician's software?

Any ideas or solutions?

TIA,
kingfishbc
Truth is like poetry...and you know how everyone hates poetry!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 connectivity
Reminder:

Rule: 3. No member may use their forum account to solicit or facilitate the sale, trade, or transfer of any prescription-required items (such as CPAP machines, humidifiers, masks or mask parts).* Soliciting or facilitating the sale, trade, or transfer of commercially-sold or pirated computer software packages or digital media is also prohibited.

Please don't suggest bootleg.

No one has figured a way to make use of the cellular modem. (Someone has found a way to disable it.)
As for me, I find pulling the SD card once a week to be not such a big task.
There are threads on setting up the WiFi card. IIRC: A specific card is required.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry you took my usage of the word "bootleg" as literally as you did - it wasn't intended that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
information on two *free* programs that use toshiba flashair wifi sd cards to copy data off the sd card while it's still in the machine.

https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepmaster

https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/flashpap
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Toshiba wifi card and rarely have to reinsert it. Only after a loss of power. Otherwise it works as advertised.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you palerider and sonicboom. I'll be trying the wifi sdcard I ordered with one or both of the programs mentioned, but I'll be prepared to order a Toshiba card. I'll post here the results of my efforts.

kingfishbc
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried my EyeFi wifi SD card with Sleepmaster, and I think I'd characterize the result as "close, but no cigar." It looked like the software recognized my card but couldn't quite configure it.

So I've ordered a Toshiba flashair card and will give that a go when it gets here.

I'll also be talking to my therapist about how she connects to my modem, and if/how I could get what I need to connect to my s10 modem from my PC. I don't expect that conversation to go very far, but, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Having that modem, the precisely designed connectivity vehicle, just sitting there but being unable to use it, makes my left eye twitch...

kingfishbc
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2016, 09:36 AM)kingfishbc Wrote: I'll also be talking to my therapist about how she connects to my modem, and if/how I could get what I need to connect to my s10 modem from my PC.
the resmed AIRSENSE 10 does not transfer high rate pressure and flow data over the modem, just the detailed and summary data.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2016, 05:01 PM)palerider Wrote:
(03-19-2016, 09:36 AM)kingfishbc Wrote: I'll also be talking to my therapist about how she connects to my modem, and if/how I could get what I need to connect to my s10 modem from my PC.
the resmed AIRSENSE 10 does not transfer high rate pressure and flow data over the modem, just the detailed and summary data.
Not sure what you mean palerider - I'm presuming my therapist is using something like Rescan on her computer, and down (up?) loads the data from my machine to my profile she has set up on her PC, through my modem? I know she can see my pressure logs and can change my pressure settigs from her PC. I would have thought that via my machine's modem, she could access any data my machine is collecting.

I'm just thinking that if she can access stuff thru my modem, it would be cool if I could, too!

kingfishbc
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Philips Respironics connectivity… robsmuir 0 353 05-02-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: robsmuir
  RIP 3G CONNECTIVITY srlevine1 0 388 01-01-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Connectivity / Bluetooth bselff 2 797 09-21-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Response connectivity issues? jimled 2 941 08-27-2021, 11:03 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] new Dreamstation 2 [DreamMapper connectivity] ttfespe 5 1,164 04-25-2021, 08:34 PM
Last Post: ttfespe
Idea [CPAP] Dreamstation Go BT Connectivity FullSize 0 652 02-07-2020, 03:06 AM
Last Post: FullSize
Question [Equipment] ResMed Connectivity Module for Hospital Jer 3 1,163 10-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Jer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.