Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 mask seal issues
Resmed S10 mask seal issues
Hi

Looking for some help, I got my S10 fixed after an issue so finally got it back and have been able to use it for the first time. For the past 2 nites every morning when I wake up I see the report and the report shows a red unhappy face for mask leaks.

My wife also told me that last nite she thought I didn't even have the mask on cause it sounded so noisy with the air blowing.

I should say its a new mask I got with my unit, a Swift Fx. I have also noticed that since using this unit and mask my mouth in the mornings is very dry.

My old unit was a rental cpap, again with a nose pillow mask and I dont believe I ever had any issues like this.

Should I try another mask ? or do I have the settings wrong for my unit ?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 mask seal issues
(06-22-2016, 06:36 PM)gothicsam Wrote: Hi

Looking for some help, I got my S10 fixed after an issue so finally got it back and have been able to use it for the first time.

Should I try another mask ? or do I have the settings wrong for my unit ?
Good to know, they (Supplier #10) send you a replacement machine, I haven't bought a machine from them but get mask cushions, chinstraps, from them all the times

Mr Frawny face, that tells you, leak was at or more than 24 L/m for 30% of the night, at that rate neither the data is accurate or the treatment is effective. To figure what is going on, download the data from the SD card using either or both ResScan (windows only) and SleepyHead (windows and Mac) software, here is the link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Try as many masks as you can, right size and fitting the mask correctly is essential for effective therapy

As for setting, the only setting for mask is "mask type", to correspond with the mask you're using ...
I use nasal mask and set mask type on "nasal"

Mask fit feature, helps adjust mask seal and minimize leaks before starting treatment
Dry mouth is indicative of mouth leaks, chinstrap can be of great benefit, full face mask also may helps, I'm not a fan but has its loyal fans

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 mask seal issues
Hi Zonk

Thanks for the reply, I installed sleepyhead and have some of the following stats.

AHI 0.13 ... this seems very very low ?
Average Leak rate 21.76
90 % leak rate 49.20
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 29.43 %

Average Pressure 11.94
Min Pressure 8
Max Pressure 12.98
Average EPAP 11.94

When I had my CPAP unit it was set to 13 cm/H2O
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 85 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 128 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 194 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 236 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 300 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 671 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 326 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.