Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 or DS-460S?
Resmed S10 or DS-460S?
I was just given the option of one of these 2 machines. I am not sure which would be best in the long term. I have been using my RemStar Auto A-Flex for the last 5 to 6 years without problems.

Any thoughts on these other machines?

Thanks!

Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 or DS-460S?
Hi Pianolist,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Here is an information-packed link on CPAP machines that you might find helpful: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and on your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2014, 01:18 PM)Pianolist Wrote: I was just given the option of one of these 2 machines. I am not sure which would be best in the long term. I have been using my RemStar Auto A-Flex for the last 5 to 6 years without problems.

Any thoughts on these other machines?

Thanks!

Ron

The 460 is not an Auto machine. It's a good manual CPAP, but an auto would be better.

There is no such thing as an "S10" machine. There is S9 and AirSense 10 (A10) machines. If it's the A10 machine, there are 4 models, AirSense (A10) "CPAP," Elite, AutoSet, or AutoSet for Her. If it's an S9, avoid anything with the word Escape in the name.

The A10 machines have the model name in the lower right corner of the front side. S9 machines have the model name above the power button.

The A10 "CPAP" is the base model. Do not accept it, since it has much poorer data recording capabilities. Neither you nor your doctor can monitor your therapy as well with this model, although it does give you some data. The Elite is a good manual CPAP. The AutoSet is an auto and is preferable, and the AutoSet for Her is a little better, even if you're a guy.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RemStar Auto A-Flex is 560 model (Pro is 460 model)
I think, might as well go with Respironcis machine as the old machine machine served you quite well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2014, 02:51 PM)archangle Wrote: There is no such thing as an "S10" machine. There is S9 and AirSense 10 (A10) machines. If it's the A10 machine, there are 4 models, AirCurve (A10) "CPAP," Elite, AutoSet, or AutoSet for Her. If it's an S9, avoid anything with the word Escape in the name.

I think that you meant AirSense. The AirCurve is a bilevel machine.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
What happened to the first 9 Airsenses? Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.