Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
RE: Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
(05-01-2015, 11:26 AM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: My supplier wants to replace my water tank every 6 months. I thought it was for cleanliness reasons (in addition to me being supposed to wash it weekly) but it may also be to reduce leaking possibilities.

They want to send me new everything (tube, face straps, water tank) at 6 months, and filter & nasal pillows every month. (I've only had it for 8 or 9 days so far; was on a different machine before.)

Replacing the pillows every month seems excessive. Everything else seems to be normal.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having this exact same problem. I thought since i travel a lot with my airsense 10 maybe somethhing broke but there are no apparent cracks anywhere. It just leaks everynighg i use it over the whole floor. Very dangerous as i keep the wires on the floor also. Like super ultra dangerous this is a resmed defect. Using the s9 and s8 i have never experienced these types of problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 does not leak but I have noticed water on the breathing element and on the door. Drives me nuts. I have had 2 tanks with the same problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is it that you are calling the "Breathing element"? Are your tanks 2 piece or three piece?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 06:33 AM)mykal Wrote: I bought mine in Sep 14 had no problems until a few weeks ago when it seemed to be using a lot of water (had to refill every 2nd night!)

Refilling an S10 every 2nd night is using a lot of water?

Wow, I have to fill mine every night and it is not leaking water (~6 hours uses 2/3 of the water, slept ~9 hours one night and it was bone dry).

Obviously the leak on furniture is not normal, but I am struck by the difference in water consumption from the time yours was operating normally vs my experience.

Could the temp & humidity settings (and mask leaks) make such a difference in water consumption between to similar units in normal operation?

What do other users experience for normal water consumption of an S10?

I wonder if your water tank/humidifier (or mine) was defective all along?

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a little more than half the tank each night. Almost 2/3rds. My usage is about 8 hours. My Airsense 10 humidity is set to 4. We run AC all the time and the rH is on the dry end of normal.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I tested the humidity on my Airsense 10 for a few days before turning it off again. Setting was 4. This was in April, so no air conditioning was on yet. It used 2/3 of the tank each night. I slept for about 8 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 09:13 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote:
(05-01-2015, 11:26 AM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: My supplier wants to replace my water tank every 6 months.
. . .

No, it's because it's a standard schedule item. You have the OPTION to order a new tank. However it is a plastic item that is heated. It will eventually fail without warning, possibly ruining your machine. I don't see it as much of an issue with the S9 as with the A10. However, the replacement schedule is also based on all machines, and other machines may have a higher tank failure rate, thus driving the schedule.

Mosquitobait, I think you just solved a mystery I wonder about every time I clean my water tank: Why is there a little hole in the back of the clear cover which leads to a sealed area that is like a second skin outside of the water tank?

Now that you pointed out that the heated plastic must eventually fail... I bet the tank is designed so that when the inner tank wall fails, the water is collected within the outer wall and then safely drains out through that little hole in the back, directed away from the S10 base unit.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
I work for a DME and from what I have seen about 1-2% of the A10 water chambers have a leak thru the sonic welds on the bottom of the tanks. They only start leaking once the pressure is on and since it is from a weld you won't see any cracks. As for the amount of water used each night that can vary widely with the RH and temperature of the air from the room. Another problem the tanks have is there were several lots that had a manufacturing defect and they will make a whistling sound when the machine is in use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the intel.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,409 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 88 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.