Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
RE: Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
Thanks rbell Welcome
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently replaced the HumidAir Humidifier in my ResMed AirSense 10 because one of the two hinge pins on the humidifier lid snapped off on the humidifier that originally came with the unit. I have had very good success with the A10 since I upgraded to it on June 3, 2015. When I first got the A10 I had some minor issues with water in the hose (with the humidifier setting anywhere over 5), so I purchased a ClimateLineAir heated hose and that took care of the water in the the tube issue. I did notice, before I started using the ClimateLineAir heated hose, that overnight, with the humidifier setting on 4 (which seemed to be the max setting before I would get water in the tube), the tank water level would drop 1 line below the MAX water level. When I started using the ClimateLineAir heated hose, overnight, with both the Climate Ctrl and Tube Temp. settings at Auto, the water level would drop 2 lines below the MAX water level. I was very happy with these results because I was suffering with a dry and blocked nose. However, after replacing the original humidifier, because of the damaged hinge pin issue with a "DISHWASHER SAFE" humidifier, overnight, with both the Climate Ctrl and Tube Temp. settings still set to Auto, the water level only dropped 1 line below the MAX water level, which is just not enough humidification for me. I realize I will probably have to monkey around with the Climate Ctrl and Tube Temp. settings to increase my humidification level to my comfort level. But, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this (less water usage) happening - when changing over to a "DISHWASHER SAFE" humidifier?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 02:19 PM)rbell Wrote: I work for a DME and from what I have seen about 1-2% of the A10 water chambers have a leak thru the sonic welds on the bottom of the tanks. They only start leaking once the pressure is on and since it is from a weld you won't see any cracks. As for the amount of water used each night that can vary widely with the RH and temperature of the air from the room. Another problem the tanks have is there were several lots that had a manufacturing defect and they will make a whistling sound when the machine is in use.

This is correct!! I received my new unit this fall. In mid December I started noticing a couple drops leaking when I removed the reservoir every morning. After about a week it failed and dumped half a tank of water overnight onto my nightstand, ruining the top. It was the sonic weld that failed. I received a replacement from my supplier, and just last night the replacement tank blew out all at once at the same weld. Luckily I had just laid down to sleep and knew it happened.

What I believe may be happening is the weld fails because of the BiPap pressure fluctuations. My settings are something like 10/18. Basically, the full pressure blows into that chamber, and the chamber expands and contracts slightly like a lung. With my high pressures, I don't think the weld is strong enough and fails after many repeated pressure and temperature cycles. It seems to be a poor design, especially since the seam is below water level!

My supplier says I seem to be the only one having trouble, but I think my pressure settings may be higher than normal. Should last longer than 2 months though!
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. The tank should definitely last longer than 2 months.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine has been in use for almost a year now. Guess I should consider myself lucky.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed after using my cpap for several months that it had been leaking when I moved it for dusting or packing it for a trip (can't remember). I eventually got an appt to take it in to the supplier and it was deemed that the water chamber was leaking. I got a new one, and my insurance and me/my copay paid for it. The new one must have started leaking right after I got it as it is leaking quite a bit of water each night. I even tried putting just a little water in it. I never overfill it. I have an appt today to take it in, but decided to research this issue on my kitchen counter.... put a little water in chamber, turned it on, and voila, it started leaking immediately. So I checked the chamber, and it was dripping water. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but If the only two water chambers that I have had leaked, I can't imagine what others are experiencing. It has ruined my nightstand. I expect them to find the defect in the manufacturing of these chambers and replace them at no charge.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every one of my reservoirs has failed because I need pressures around 18. BAD design and BAD manufacturing. I got tired of replacing them and made my own fix. You can either wait for the glue joint to give out, causing a leak and likely furniture damage (as was my case), OR when you get a new one, simply turn it upside down, and run a very thin bead of THIN CA (superglue) around the entire joint. The CA will wick into the joint and glue it shut. So far since I have done this fix, I have not had another chamber fail. Hope this helps.

RESMED, ARE YOU READING THIS??!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone confirm if some or all of the complaints on leakage are directly related to seepage under the metal plate within the reservoir itself? I am on my 2nd reservoir and have the EXACT same problem where soapy water is visible between the plate and the exterior plastic under 2 months. This can't be healthy. 

See attached picture.

I wash the unit by hand in warm soapy water. I rinse under cold water.  I do not dry the reservoir, potentially breaking seal.

I find the unit seems to be much louder than original. I have not checked pressure but can report back on any Q's.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I've noticed water under the metal plate when I submerge the tank to clean it. There is a hole in the plastic which equalises pressure (I think), and the water gets in there. I don't recall that I succeeded in getting the water out completely, but it eventually evaporated out through that little hole. It wasn't a problem, actually.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2017, 02:12 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I've noticed water under the metal plate when I submerge the tank to clean it. There is a hole in the plastic which equalises pressure (I think), and the water gets in there. I don't recall that I succeeded in getting the water out completely, but it eventually evaporated out through that little hole. It wasn't a problem, actually.

I have spent multiple calls on with my provider professing a defect to find this out from a user...wow. Why couldn't they simply tell me that is intended instead of simply trying to sell me a new chamber sooner than later?? 

Thank you for the fast reply!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,409 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 88 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.