Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
The Resmed S10 I purchased in October 2014 seems to leak water each night - even if the tank is only filled about one quarter. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I have checked it is properly clicked in. The metal base of the humidifier is quite warm in the morning, which makes me think it expands and may crack the plastic or seals(?).
I am going to raise this (and noise I saw mentioned in another post - its louder than an S9) with the clinic that supplied it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
The water chamber should not be leaking, possible cause might be the water chamber not assembled correctly (check the user guide or clinical manual for the instructions) or maybe damaged/cracked, report the problem to your provider and get a replacement
Always good idea to have some spares, water chamber, hoses, cushiosn, filters, etc...

As for the noise, could be related to the dodgy water chamber, my A10 is dead quiet in comparison to the S9 but noise level is pretty subjective

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi darren79,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should take the machine back and exchange it. There shouldn't be any water leaking from the humidifier and it shouldn't be noisy.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2015, 09:30 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi darren79,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should take the machine back and exchange it. There shouldn't be any water leaking from the humidifier and it shouldn't be noisy.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

I bought mine in Sep 14 had no problems until a few weeks ago when it seemed to be using a lot of water (had to refill every 2nd night!) Moved to clean and found bedside table soaked . Wrecked the timber under....grrr
Checked and humidifier is definitely leaking but unable to determine from where?
Willing tobuy a new one but want an assurance this is a rare problem I cannot afford to replace the bedroom furniture.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take it to your DME for them to check out or a servicing company. (some listed in the other forum). Maybe the seal moved when you cleaned it or it was put together wrong, or it has a crack. See if warranty will cover a new tank.

First step it to talk to the place where you purchased it from.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the bottom of the chamber there is an air hole towards the back right (when inserted into the machine). If you washed your tank, water may have gotten into that hole. Otherwise if the tank has a leak that maybe where the water is coming out.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible that the humidifier is just using too much water?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would definitely make it a priority to get it fixed before the water finds its way to the electronics inside the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
My supplier wants to replace my water tank every 6 months. I thought it was for cleanliness reasons (in addition to me being supposed to wash it weekly) but it may also be to reduce leaking possibilities.

They want to send me new everything (tube, face straps, water tank) at 6 months, and filter & nasal pillows every month. (I've only had it for 8 or 9 days so far; was on a different machine before.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2015, 11:26 AM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: My supplier wants to replace my water tank every 6 months. I thought it was for cleanliness reasons (in addition to me being supposed to wash it weekly) but it may also be to reduce leaking possibilities.

They want to send me new everything (tube, face straps, water tank) at 6 months, and filter & nasal pillows every month. (I've only had it for 8 or 9 days so far; was on a different machine before.)

No, it's because it's a standard schedule item. You have the OPTION to order a new tank. However it is a plastic item that is heated. It will eventually fail without warning, possibly ruining your machine. I don't see it as much of an issue with the S9 as with the A10. However, the replacement schedule is also based on all machines, and other machines may have a higher tank failure rate, thus driving the schedule.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 10 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.