Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S11 "Soft" vs "For Her"
Resmed S11 "Soft" vs "For Her"
I have been reading up on the Resmed S11 in anticipation of getting my new machine soon. I am happy they have included the "For Her" mode to this machine and am going to try it out. On further research, I have noticed it includes 3 "Modes". "Standard", "For Her", and "CPAP". I fully understand the "CPAP" mode, and the "For Her" mode. They even explain the "For Her" mode in some detail or at least to the extent not to give away any trade secret. 

What I don't understand is the "Soft" setting under the "Standard" mode. Its listed as "patients will receive gentler pressure rises during therapy". Nothing about decreases in pressure.  

My question: Is the "Soft" setting just a nice way of saying "For Her" or is there a difference between "Soft" and "For Her"? As I am reading the manual, you get one or the other and not a combination of both. 

Am I missing anything?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S11 "Soft" vs "For Her"
These settings are pertinent to the EPR option only. The "Soft" mode uses a logarithmic pressure increase from EPAP to IPAP. The "Standard" mode is either EPAP pressure or IPAP pressure. Think of going from 0 to 60 in under a second. If you don't use the EPR option, then these 2 options are negated.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S11 "Soft" vs "For Her"
APAP mode with Soft response is not the same as For Her mode.

Soft response is a gentler increase in pressure. For Her mode uses Soft Response, but it also changes other therapy behaviours:
  • For Her mode will set a new minimum pressure setting, should two apneas occur within a minute. 
  • For Her mode will not increase pressure beyond 12 cm because of Apneas, but it will still increase pressure beyond 12 because of Flow Limitations.

None of those two For Her mode behaviours will occur in regular APAP mode with or without setting soft response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 3 355 02-10-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question Need advice with soft cervical collar DackJaniels 7 534 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking to buy Alaxo 6 inch stent (soft palate stent) tmoneyman35 4 759 01-24-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 371 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  The Miracle of the Soft Cervical Collar spudhorse 16 1,165 12-04-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 904 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.