Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S8
Resmed S8
Because I have one of the darn recalled Dreamstations I dusted my S8 off and started using it 
Because it's to old to use with Oscar I have to just look at the  data that's provided on the screen.
I have this apap set for a low of 12 and a high of 16.   When I call up the efficiency data  by
pressing the left and right arrow keys at the same time  it displays a 13  on the top of the screen
is that the 90 0r 95% pressure ?   And it's saying my AHI  is about 5   with a low leak rate.   Now
things get interesting. My Dreamstation apap was set  15 low and 20 high and in recent months 
the 95% pressure, AHI and mask leaks have all risen . For example  leaks  110 L , AHI  12 and 
95% presure 19 .  So I wonder if my darn Dreamstation was just defective ?   So back to that first 
question would that 13 be my 95% pressure ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Resmed S8
E.W.,
I would have no idea how your S8 operates.  But it seems logical the the number you are seeing is the median or 90% pressure.  

Do you have a Clinician Manual for the S8?  This manual probably will give you the information you are seeking.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Scroll down to Section Three to find the manual for your Cpap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization
OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.