Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S8 Autoset Vantage Pressure results question
Resmed S8 Autoset Vantage Pressure results question
Hi, I've just recently changed my s8 Autoset Vantage to Auto mode from the Cpap mode I've had it on for 10 years.  After a sleep the machine now shows the length of the sleep (if I'm asleep - my mask is on), and a pressure level.  In cpap mode it was set at 11, but my results show 9.6.  In auto mode it has now has shown 6.8 the first morning and 8 each of the next two mornings.  Does anyone know if this is the highest pressure used during that sleep session or possibly the average pressure used?  I have a second straight cpap machine (brick) that I use while traveling and want to readjust the pressure on this machine based on the results of my auto machine (I have recently lost a little weight and suspect I can use a lower pressure than originally prescribed).

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S8 Autoset Vantage Pressure results question
The number showing on the first screen is the pressure blowing at that moment. There's another pressure number that appears in the menus or in ResScan, together with AHI, leak rate, and time of use. That's the 95% pressure. The pressure is lower 95% of the time, and higher 5% of the time. ResScan also reports average pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2017, 08:26 PM)big_dave Wrote: The number showing on the first screen is the pressure blowing at that moment. There's another pressure number that appears in the menus or in ResScan, together with AHI, leak rate, and time of use. That's the 95% pressure. The pressure is lower 95% of the time, and higher 5% of the time. ResScan also reports average pressure.

Thanks Big Dave!  That's very helpful information clearly explained.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi D.D.,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 406 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 180 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 432 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.