Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S8 Escape II - NEW?
Resmed S8 Escape II - NEW?
I am new to CPAP and I just received my CPAP machine last week. When I went to the medical equipment supplier, I was not given a choice of machine but rather was given a Resmed S8 Escape II machine - told it was all insurance would pay for. In researching the machine, I find it is no longer available and has been discontinued.

Can anyone tell me how long ago it was discontinued. I'm thinking I've been sold a used machine as new and my supplier has some 'splaining to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S8 Escape II - NEW???
Hi Slickice,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Yes, that is an older machine, but I don't know how long ago it was discontinued.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and best of luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2014, 03:15 PM)Slickice Wrote: I am new to CPAP and I just received my CPAP machine last week. When I went to the medical equipment supplier, I was not given a choice of machine but rather was given a Resmed S8 Escape II machine - told it was all insurance would pay for. In researching the machine, I find it is no longer available and has been discontinued.

Can anyone tell me how long ago it was discontinued. I'm thinking I've been sold a used machine as new and my supplier has some 'splaining to do.

May 2011. You should get a copy of your script and call and tell the DME to pick that machine up. Then, you should go to a new DME. That is just wrong to pawn that off on you!

That machine may be new in their world if it hasn't been used before but it definitely is not a current model and shame on them! I wonder if you could even get a part for it if you wanted to (not that you would if it broke...but I also wonder if it even has a warranty on it since it was discontinued almost 3 years ago).

And your DME/Supplier is not being truthful with you. There is no insurance company that would knowingly pay for a brick that is used and discontinued.

Never mind that this might be insurance fraud and you should definitely talk with your insurance company about this. After all, it is your health that is your utmost concern

just sayin
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2014, 03:15 PM)Slickice Wrote: I am new to CPAP and I just received my CPAP machine last week. When I went to the medical equipment supplier, I was not given a choice of machine but rather was given a Resmed S8 Escape II machine - told it was all insurance would pay for. In researching the machine, I find it is no longer available and has been discontinued.

your profile says you have an S9 auto set.
Post Reply Post Reply
One parameter ResMed makes non-resettable is total run hours.
If the machine says zero hours, it's new.

Obsolete, yes.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2014, 03:15 PM)Slickice Wrote: I was not given a choice of machine but rather was given a Resmed S8 Escape II machine - told it was all insurance would pay for. In researching the machine, I find it is no longer available and has been discontinued.
Not just been discontinued but a brick as well
The machine in your user profile "S9 Autoset and H5i humidifier" is a top end machine, did they exchange it for you

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2014, 04:23 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 03:15 PM)Slickice Wrote: I was not given a choice of machine but rather was given a Resmed S8 Escape II machine - told it was all insurance would pay for. In researching the machine, I find it is no longer available and has been discontinued.
Not just been discontinued but a brick as well
The machine in your user profile "S9 Autoset and H5i humidifier" is a top end machine, did they exchange it for you

Regarding my profile that states "S9" - it's anticipatory . . . I am going to exchange it and this forum led me to the newer equipment.
(03-17-2014, 03:54 PM)justMongo Wrote: One parameter ResMed makes non-resettable is total run hours.
If the machine says zero hours, it's new.

Obsolete, yes.

Good to know. Can you tell me how to view run hours?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S8 Escape II - NEW?
Slickice, I changed your subject line to remove the extra question marks. Sometimes the forum software gets the hiccups with repeating punctuation in the subject line.

And yeah, that DME is nuts.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You will want to get into the clinician's menu to view the run hours. Hold down the down arrow and right arrow buttons for 5 seconds for access. Be aware that the hours are viewable in two places. Therapy hours can be reset to zero but run hours cannot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2014, 07:19 PM)big_dave Wrote: You will want to get into the clinician's menu to view the run hours. Hold down the down arrow and right arrow buttons for 5 seconds for access. Be aware that the hours are viewable in two places. Therapy hours can be reset to zero but run hours cannot.

MOTOR Hours shows "1115" - does this mean that the unit has over 1,000 hours on it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 297 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 459 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info jas32 5 1,026 10-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: jas32
  [CPAP] ResMed S9 Escape Auto - Setting issue vale94 4 1,181 06-11-2020, 05:15 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] resmed s8 escape kennybleep 4 1,056 01-13-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Hoping to Escape Insopita 23 2,898 05-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Switch repair on Resmed S8 Escape II Images MRIBOB 8 13,532 04-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Rockethound

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.