Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S8 as a backup machine?
Question 
Resmed S8 as a backup machine?
Hello all, 

As you can see in my profile I use a Resmed A10 Autoset.  I've only been using CPAP for a few weeks.

Anyway, I'm planning on a few trips this year, one out of the country and have been thinking about getting a travel machine.

I have the opportunity to get a like new Resmed S8 Autoset machine for around $100.  

Is this a good deal for this machine?  Will I notice a difference from my current machine?  Is this a good idea, or should I pass and try to find something more modern?

Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S8 as a backup machine?
I have an S8 Autoset II that I would consider using as a travel machine if I was concerned about putting my main machine at risk. It was a good machine for its day but the technology has moved on. I got an AHI of about 3 with it, but I now get 0.2 AHI on the System One 60 series Auto on the same settings.

I think $100 is fair for this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2017, 08:01 AM)KCFLY Wrote: I have the opportunity to get a like new Resmed S8 Autoset machine for around $100.  

Is this a good deal for this machine?  Will I notice a difference from my current machine?  Is this a good idea, or should I pass and try to find something more modern?

Thanks so much!

The S8 uses a older Algorithm than the S9 & 10.
It's not as aggressive and has been some speculation that it is the Algorithm used in the "For Her" mode on the S9 & 10
It's a nice Travel machine because it's small and has the Power supply built-in.
$100 is a fair price if it includes the add on humidifier unit.
ASAA has brand-new ones with case,hose &  mask for $100 donation if you have valid a prescription. 
They don't include the Humidifier however.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Meh, I'd wonder where it has been since it was used last. Was it kept covered and safe? How much crap is in the inside (dust, critters, mold). It is an old machine with no way to check the data without extra cost.

Supplier #2 has some good deals on used, new, and open box machines. Check out their prices.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,226 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 185 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 251 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 44 3,984 01-28-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 235 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 533 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,272 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.