Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Auto Sleep Report
Resmed S9 Auto Sleep Report
Hi, I am a very new user (1 week) having a few difficulties - e.g. dry mouth etc. The last couple of nights have been fine, except that when I go to find the sleep information, nothing has been recorded. How can I set this right? Also how often should I disassemble my mask to clean it? Instructions say every day, but wouldn't that weaken all the bits and pieces being taken apart every day? During my tritation? period of 2 weeks, nothing was said about me cleaning the mask, I am concerned as to how the silicone will stand up - can someone help me on these queries please?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Auto Sleep Report
Hi MargaretA, welcome to the forum
Check if "Sleep Quality" set to "ON" (not usage) in the clinical menu, if this not the problem ... unplug the machine, wait a while and plug back ... sometimes rebooting fix the problem

As for cleaning, everyone have their own regime. I wash the cushion every day in the shower but don,t take anything apart, I,m not good at put things together again. This,ll answer all your questions http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_sup...c=patients

Just in case you,re not aware, you can save a lots of Australian $$$ buying on-line
I buy most of my supplies from Supplier #10 (suppliers #2 and #10 ship outside US and not bound by any rules)
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing, the data reset to zero after 12 noon but you can still see the data in advanced sleep report as shown in the clinical manual (press the two silver buttons and turn the push dial)

The manual is available via Email (scroll to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Here is the download link to ResScan and SleepyHead software , both supports the S9 and SlepyHead works with Mac computers too
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought? Have you tried raising your humidity at all? I am not knowledgeable about your machine, but that could help with the dryness. I am also wondering if you can see either your "leak rate" or do you see a 'red frowny face' on the screen somewhere? (if so, it means that you leak rate is too high - which could increase dryness, and possibly lower the effectiveness of your therapy).

Welcome - lots of good reading here.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
MargaretA, welcome, I use the same CPAP and a similar mask, the Mirage Quattro, I wash everything twice a week and they have lasted me 2.5 years, in Australia, the price of our equipment is so much dearer than overseas, we have to make it last and insurance only covers about 20%, I find twice a week fine. I use mask liners, if you are not sure what they are I can send you the instructions on how to make them, I find they help the cushion on the mask last longer and keeps the silicone from touching your face. Keep at it and well done, Zonk has given you the advise on the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, replies so soon. Thank you all. Shall try the rebooting first, I downloaded the clinical menu yesterday - have yet to go into it.
Peter C - I raised the humidity from 5 to 5.5, but then had to put it back to 5 as 'raining' happened. I lowered the temperature to about 20 - it's showing 71f and last night it was good lasted from 10.30pm thru to 4.00am - best ever! Can I also change Fahrenheit to celcius? I bought my S9 on line from the US - thank goodness, saving heaps even after paying over $80 postage - funnily my order was delayed a few days - they were waiting on stocks for the climate line hose (which to my astonishment was actually manufactured in Australia.)

Zonk, I see you have the same machine, so would I have the same Rescan software as you? I also have no idea what pressure it is set at, just assumed that as it is auto it would sort itself out. I am not technically savvy at all.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats. You've done your homework, now need to go through the settings, your machine is on default setting (including temp F/C, pressure, time/date, sleep quality, etc ..). The manual gives you the list of the default setting and how to change it
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

Read the manual and watch the setup video (links post # 3)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MargaretA,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wash my mask, hose and humidifier chamber once a week in warm, mild, soapy watter, (I use Ivory liquid dish soap,) and I rub my mask frame and cushion with a soft dishrag to keep the silicon tacky so it will stay with me through the night. I also rub the hose end that connects to the mask because it seems to help make a better, (more sure,) connection between them. You may find that you don't need to do the last two things I mentioned, everyone is different as far as cleaning goes so YMMV.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, watched the video and managed to change a few details. We'll see how it goes tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2013, 01:25 AM)Tez62 Wrote: MargaretA, welcome, I use the same CPAP and a similar mask, the Mirage Quattro, I wash everything twice a week and they have lasted me 2.5 years, in Australia, the price of our equipment is so much dearer than overseas, we have to make it last and insurance only covers about 20%, I find twice a week fine. I use mask liners, if you are not sure what they are I can send you the instructions on how to make them, I find they help the cushion on the mask last longer and keeps the silicone from touching your face. Keep at it and well done, Zonk has given you the advise on the settings.

Would love the instructions, I have heard of mask liners so your help would be much appreciated. I'm in a rural area so not a great deal of pollution (hopefully no fires as is so dry here) so will see how it goes with the cleaning. What about the headstraps - do you also wash them twice a week? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 385 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 262 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 764 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,520 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 316 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 213 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.