Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 AutoSet with Humi.
Resmed S9 AutoSet with Humi.
Howdy all and thanx huge for allowing me to join the page. I seem to have an issue with my S9. When I go to bed the air flow pressure is perfect then about 2-4 hours later I'll wake up and the air flow pressure is about 3x stronger then when I went to bed, making the nose pillows blow out my knows hence not getting a very good sleep.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this?

Thanx huge

Pwr
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 AutoSet with Humi.
It probably is - the s9 Autoset isn't a set pressure, it's variable. (It can be set to a fixed pressure, but that's not the purpose of an Autoset machine.)

Sounds like you have a pressure range set, and as you've been sleeping, you've been having apnea events... and the machine has done it's job and ramped up.

Probably there are a couple of things going on here. The low end of the range might be too low... the high might be (but probably isn't) too high... and nasal pillows might not be the best solution for you, if you need pressures at the higher end of the range.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum pwrmngr,
If you are using an autoset machine, are you sure it says elite? I believe that would be a manual CPAP.
Either way, can you tell us your pressure settings? An auto CPAP will automatically adjust pressure to your needs, so if it rises, it would be reacting to an apnea, or flow limitation and snores.

Please post back here your starting pressure and Max pressure, your AHI breakdown,
Leak rate, etc.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
if ramp is on, that will purposely begin blowing at a level below therapy range.

It would help if you are able to find how pressure, ramp, and epr are set. One of the ways to get used to the higher pressure is to use the machine while awake and engaged in relaxing activity (reading, watching tv)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanx all. I will get all the information for you soon. What's the difference between the regular and the elite? I have auto on/off etc?

Thanx.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 02:41 PM)pwrmngr Wrote: Thanx all. I will get all the information for you soon. What's the difference between the regular and the elite? I have auto on/off etc?

Thanx.

The S9 Elite is a manual CPAP, you can set one pressure, and the machine won't change pressure during the night.

With The S9 AutoSet, you can set a range of pressure or use it as a straight CPAP.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pwrmngr,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The S9 Elite is a fixed-pressure CPAP machine that can only be set to one pressure, for example, 10 Cm H2O.. The S9AutoSet is a machine that you can either run at a fixed pressure or, you can set a range of pressures, for example, 7/20 CM H2O, I hope that made sense.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the pix of my machine.

As for the settings I have it apart and cleaned it and replaced the filter so I will post more pix of settings.

Thanx huge

Post Reply Post Reply
I belong to 120 forums and I use them all in my business and with out a doubt this is the most helpful and friendliest forum I have EVER been on.

Thanx Huge

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: sj3n6yI.jpg]

Your pic is small but i downloaded it and rotated it and blew it up and it *looks* like it says autoset... if you can confirm that it says autoset, as in this pic then we will know that you have autoset rather than elite.

With the elite, it is a single pressure - BUT it can have ramp turned on. Autoset may also have ramp, and in addition a variable pressure

Autoset will have a minimum and maximum pressure. If you can install the sleepyhead software and post data from it, we will all chime in with opinions on how you might wish to tweak your therapy to make it more comfy Big Grin
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,292 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 124 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 580 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 264 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,296 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 633 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.