Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Autoset - Pressure problem
RE: Resmed S9 Autoset - Pressure problem
Hi CJ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone who knows the ins & outs can help you with changing your pressure on your machine.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 08:22 PM)CJ Maloney Wrote: For the life of me I can't find out how to reset the pressure on the ResMed S9. Is this a big secret? I was able to adjust my old ResMed from 16 to 14. I've lost 50 lbs since the original machine was set to 16.

Can't someone tell me straight out how to lower the pressure or is that a criminal offense punishable by death. Honestly, they're going to make me go through another sleep study and who knows when it will be scheduled.

If this is an inappropriate question, please forgive my ignorance.

CJ

HOW DARE YOU ASK SUCH A QUESTION!!!

Just kidding. Laugh-a-lot

Hold the knob button and double checkmark button both down simultaneously for three seconds to enter the clinical settings menu.

And yes this is a big secret, so don't tell anybody...and whatever you do, do not post this on a public forum. Rolleyes

Unsure

I would strongly urge you to take a good long look at the data etc. before messing with the pressure. You could deprive yourself of much needed therapy making changes like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
it should be a criminal offense to flog non-data capable machines such as S9 Escape or PRS1 Plus
see post #4 for the links

links to software download http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 08:22 PM)CJ Maloney Wrote: For the life of me I can't find out how to reset the pressure on the ResMed S9.
CJ

Welcome to Apnea Board, CJ!

Illustrated S9 Instructions here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

You can request the clinician setup manual via email here (Section Three):

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 08:22 PM)CJ Maloney Wrote: For the life of me I can't find out how to reset the pressure on the ResMed S9. Is this a big secret? I was able to adjust my old ResMed from 16 to 14. I've lost 50 lbs since the original machine was set to 16.

Can't someone tell me straight out how to lower the pressure or is that a criminal offense punishable by death. ...

Hold the big knob on the right and the lower of the two rectangular buttons down until the display changes. This should give you access to the Setting menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same problem. Thought it was my imagination.
But I made my own manometer and the pressure reading is only half has high as it should be! MACHINE BROKEN!
Thank you CPAP Australia for selling me a broken 2nd hand machine so I could suffer with my apnoea every night not realising!

You can buy your own manometer or you can look up how to make a manometer online. Or you can just do what I did:

Actually I just took my CPAP tube and sticky-taped it to the wall in a U shape. Then I just pored some water in and stuck a ruler next to it. Worked fine. Figured if the water accidentally ran back into it then it would wind up in the humidifier and be ok. Wouldn't recommend if you didn't have a humidifier.

BTW to adjust the pressure on the ResMed S9, hold down these two buttons: 1. the button with the two ticks on it. 2. the dial button on the right.

EDIT: OK, I can't say anything bad about CPAP Australia cause its automatically covered under 12 month warranty and they are sending a replacement ASAP. Also, Kayla is very nice and helpful on the phone Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 497 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.