Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Autoset Problem
Resmed S9 Autoset Problem
I have a 30 min ramp time on my CPAP but last night it bypassed the ramp and went to full pressure. After a couple of minutes the machine turned off. I tried it a couple of times with the same results both times. I have been using the machine for almost a month with no problems before this. Anyone experience this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Autoset Problem
What do you mean by "full pressure"? As in 20 (the max for the machine) or your prescribed pressure? I think you can adjust your ramp time, try setting it to something longer and see if it still happens. If it does, might need to call your dme and get it repaired.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2013, 06:38 AM)rhoodphoto Wrote: I have a 30 min ramp time on my CPAP but last night it bypassed the ramp and went to full pressure. After a couple of minutes the machine turned off. I tried it a couple of times with the same results both times. I have been using the machine for almost a month with no problems before this. Anyone experience this problem?

I can't remember the exact name of it but you may want to check your machine settings and make sure that the feature that automatically starts your cpap isn't on even though I can't imagine that bypassing the ramp. Also, check and make sure that your ramp settings haven't changed for some reason.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Autoset does this every once in a while. It "runs away" with the pressure.

Try unplugging it for a bit and plugging it back in. If it does it again, trade it in for another.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2013, 10:37 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The Autoset does this every once in a while. It "runs away" with the pressure.

Try unplugging it for a bit and plugging it back in. If it does it again, trade it in for another.

Thanks, I'll try that. I can't go another night without my cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2013, 08:36 AM)me50 Wrote: I can't remember the exact name of it but you may want to check your machine settings and make sure that the feature that automatically starts your cpap isn't on even though I can't imagine that bypassing the ramp. Also, check and make sure that your ramp settings haven't changed for some reason.

Hope this helps.
Hi me50
SmartStart
If enabled the machine start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop automatically when you remove the mask

Hi rhoodphoto
Check your machine setting as me50 suggested and make sure nothing changed by accident

Have you tried the AutoSet mode? The S9 auto-adjust pressure so you don,t have to be on your set CPAP pressure all night long ... less pressure means less side effects
Post Reply Post Reply
All I can do is empathize. I just got the same machine around the same time and am even having trouble with the warranty replacement. Sad GOOD LUCK!!! Have you asked your tech to troubleshoot with you? They should be able to reset the machine for you...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2013, 08:19 PM)Amberbamber5 Wrote: All I can do is empathize. I just got the same machine around the same time and am even having trouble with the warranty replacement. Sad GOOD LUCK!!! Have you asked your tech to troubleshoot with you? They should be able to reset the machine for you...

I would unplug as suggested. I had another issue where the machine said its time to replace the "new" heated hose. I unplugged and pulled the hose off and put it back on and that solved the problem.

I hate to hear about warranty issues, that is worrisome.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2013, 08:19 PM)Amberbamber5 Wrote: All I can do is empathize. I just got the same machine around the same time and am even having trouble with the warranty replacement. Sad GOOD LUCK!!! Have you asked your tech to troubleshoot with you? They should be able to reset the machine for you...

Are you having trouble with warranty replacement b/c of your DME? I had that same issue before and I bypassed the DME and called the manufacturer and got an RMA myself and then gave the info to the DME. My machine was replaced but if I had depended on the DME, it wouldn't have been (I had an RT pick up my machine and humidifier and put it in my case with the water chamber still in it so I insisted that my machine be replaced).
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2014, 07:10 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: I had another issue where the machine said its time to replace the "new" heated hose.
When first started, my S9 displayed the same message "Heated tube fault, replace tube"? they gave a new one and never had a problem since. That was a common problem with the H5i humidifier in the early days, ResMed seem fixed the problem in the later versions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,457 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.