Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 Autoset System Error
Question 
Resmed S9 Autoset System Error
My S9 would not start up last night. It came up with an error message 'System error, please contact service provider'. Does anyone know if the machine is recoverable or is this the screen of death? 
I did have an issue with it about two months ago and it corrupted my sd card and it had to be reformatted. It usually takes a few minutes to boot the machine up but this time it seemed much faster than normal. When the start button was depressed it looked like the machine woud go in to a reboot mode and display the error message along with no functionality of the buttons. 
This is my machine that I use for travel so it is part time although about eight nights a month so here is the problem, I am on a four night trip.

Thanks in advance, any and all comments are greatly appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Autoset System Error
I have not had this problem.  I have periodically corrupted an SD card by inserting it while the S9 had power.  I would try the following to see if it may help.  
  1. Remove the power supply connector from the S9 and let it sit for about a minute.  During this time, remove the SD card.
  2. After the minute and while the the SD card is still removed, power up your S9 and see if the error continues.
  3. If the problem disappears, perform another complete power down and insert the SD card after one minute.
  4. Power up again. If the problem returns, I'd suspect the SD card.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just some things I would try.
1) Unplug power cord
2) Remove any optional add ons (Sdcard, Humidifer, ???)
3) Power on and see if it reboots OK

If it does...
Then power off and add the extras one at a time with a reboot test after adding each add-on
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll give these suggestions a try to see what happens!
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back in and did a retry of unplugging the cord followed by a power up in all configurations. Still NFG (Non Functioning Gadget). No difference even when bare bones ( no humidifier and no card) the unit will power cycle and error out when the start button is depressed. I was able to get in to the setup menu and change parameters and I was also able to do a humidifier warm up just as long as I did it before pushing the start button. I know that I haven't been on the Apnea Board forum for a couple of years or so but I am assuming that Resmed is still not selling repair parts for their machines? If you have any more ideas including everyone else who reads this, please feel free to pass it on, I would love hearing them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 396 49 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,080 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 468 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.