Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: Resmed S9 Autoset pulsing and disturbing my sleep
(01-06-2014 07:50 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  As far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong) the Resmed machines don't actively start treating apneas or hypopneas and don't start doing the FOT thing during the ramp period.
From S9 manual: Ramp
Designed to make the beginning of treatment more comfortable, ramp is available in CPAP, AutoSet or APAP modes.
In CPAP mode during ramp time, the pressure increases from a low pressure to the prescribed treatment pressure.
In AutoSet and APAP modes, ramp time defines the period during which the pressure gradually increases from a lower more comfortable start pressure to the minimum treatment pressure before the auto-adjusting algorithm commences. In previous products in the AutoSet range, settling was the period where the device was at a minimum treatment pressure until the auto-adjusting algorithm commenced

PR Auto Algorithm http://sleepapnea.respironics.com/technology/smartramp.aspx
Our SmartRamp brings a higher level of comfort to your patients.
The pressure needs of each patient are unique. With that in mind, the REMstar Auto was designed to provide the lowest pressure necessary to stabilize the airway. Even so, certain highly sensitive patients may still have difficulty falling asleep, even at a minimum therapy level. Our solution is the proprietary SmartRamp feature. With the press of a button, patients can now manage the linear increase from the minimum ramp pressure to the minimum therapy pressure. Giving your patients the ability to customize their own ramp time significantly enhances their comfort. Of course, if the patient falls asleep during this ramp time and events do occur, the algorithm will treat the events and continue to ramp up at the same rate, establishing the therapeutic minimum auto pressure faster
[Image: smartramp.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 02:11 AM by zonk.)
01-07-2014 02:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
geneb000 Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed H51
CPAP Pressure: 9.6-16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(01-06-2014 03:52 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 11:21 AM)robysue Wrote:  It sounds like you are feeling the so-called FOT oscillations that the S9 uses to distinguish between OAs and CAs.
I have been using S9 Autoset for more than 3 years and have not noticed or bothered by FOT, maybe I,m not so sensitive oldman

If the pulses are coming on all the time, it sounds like your pressure is set too low. Frequency of this on my S9 Autoset is extremely dependent on inhalation set pressure. Go up in SMALL increments until you notice a decrease. BTW, the high-pressure pulse train is how the S9 adusts pressure upward if it thinks it is needed, it does NOT just ramp up the steady-state inhalation pressure. Another possible fix would be to lower the max. pressure slightly. This would make the pulses, which take the inhalation pressure from SET to MAX and back, less noticeable, but I think you would be happier with a somewhat higher set pressure. (You could also just take the machine out of autoset mode and leave it in CPAP, but that defeats the purpose of having a pricey autoset machine). Be well!
01-15-2014 12:34 AM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(01-15-2014 12:34 AM)geneb000 Wrote:  (You could also just take the machine out of autoset mode and leave it in CPAP, but that defeats the purpose of having a pricey autoset machine). Be well!
Hi geneb000, welcome aboard
You,re not an Aussie by chance, machines in Australia are very pricey especially Auto-PAP, not so in US
01-15-2014 12:58 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,268 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 449 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Is my ResMed S9 Autoset dying? gkainz 10 528 11-09-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: gkainz
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 393 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
Smile [How to] FIX RESMED S+ SLEEP MONITOR BLUETOOTH ISSUES srlevine1 3 326 10-31-2016 11:55 AM
Last Post: sswenson
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 542 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound Ibiban 3 258 10-28-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred