Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 VPAP TX - accessing data
RE: Resmed S9 CPAP TX - accessing data
That looks like a neat machine to have. I wish I could easily get my hands on a vauto just so I can fine tune my therapy. I just need to tweak the trigger and PS just a bit. The autoset just doesn’t have the capability.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the Tx use the same event detection as the machines we use?
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope so!

Yes I'm 99.9% certain that it must... it basically is just a single machine that can operate in any of the standard ResMed modes.
It's just a matter of having better firmware that supports ALL modes instead of just a couple like a regular consumer machine would.
It wouldn't make any sense for them to have different detection algorithms across the product range.

I'm sure that a teenager in a basement could hack a basic CPAP machine and turn it into (say) an ASV.
That would ruin the pricing strategy and drop the stock price by 80% overnight if someone did that.
If the internal hardware is the same.. it should work. Another option would be to switch out the motherboard.
This would only fail if the ASV has (say) an extra sensor in it for some reason.

These algorithms are probably pretty much the same in all S7 through S10 machines.
(Especially if the firmware upgrade can back-stitch an older machine to be identical to the newer machines)

I've just bought another titration machine to find out.
It's the ResMEd (S7) VPAP Tx.
It's currently in transit.

I'll let you know how that shakes out.
Hopefully the ResMed software won't give me any error messages saying "We refuse to upgrade a S7 to the S9 & S10 standard.. please buy a later model"
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope in the near future that ResMed will include more automated features that reduce the need for tinkering some of the comfort features such as rise time, cycle and trigger, and Ti. These are make it or break it in terms of people having comfortable therapy, and it's not so easy to tweak them to make them work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 09:43 PM)Matt00926 Wrote: I hope in the near future that ResMed will include more automated features that reduce the need for tinkering some of the comfort features such as rise time, cycle and trigger, and Ti. These are make it or break it in terms of people having comfortable therapy, and it's not so easy to tweak them to make them work.
The problem there is... how can the machine know if it's getting them right or not?  What feedback mechanism could it use?

If we as a user have a hard time adjusting it to "feel good".. then how can a machine figure it out for us without human feedback?

We'd need to have a set of knobs on the machine (or ideally on a remote control) that we can rotate in real-time to play with those parameters.
Currently, it's too much work to change the settings and get instant feedback to try to figure out if we like the new setting or not.

$0.02
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 09:43 PM)Matt00926 Wrote: I hope in the near future that ResMed will include more automated features that reduce the need for tinkering some of the comfort features such as rise time, cycle and trigger, and Ti. These are make it or break it in terms of people having comfortable therapy, and it's not so easy to tweak them to make them work.

Resmed manage all this in software with their ASV machines, and from anecdotal evidence most people find the Resmed more comfortable and efficacious than the Philips. I suspect that because the Philips has all (or most) of these settings adjustable it means there are more things for the user and therapist to get wrong.

So is an ASV-style approach the answer?
Post Reply Post Reply
This post shows me using the S9 VPAP Tx ASVAuto mode to achieve a ZERO AHI and to fix my RERA-like flow limitations
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid326991

I am keeping this current thread for general descriptions of my Titration system and the various titration machines that I acquire and the data reverse-engineering.
My other thread is aimed more at me using the machines for actual treatment

Current Titration machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Tx
Machine in transit: ResMed (S7) VPAP Tx
Post Reply Post Reply
Where did you find the machine?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
The usual suspects... craigslist and other shopping sites like that. I can't remember which one. I just did google searches.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you ended up looking at this thread, you may be interested in a spreadsheet I made showing the modes implemented by each ResMed machine.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hich-modes

I've also added an image here to show how the S9-VPAP-Tx machine is hooked up via USB adapter to the TxLink and then over to a PC running "EasyCare Tx"

I also have the older S7-VPAP-Tx titration machine (attached)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 249 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 498 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,078 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,454 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 792 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.